Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
photo slide shows on web pages?

We are thinking about adding a slide show to our webpage.

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to share which software they like to work with for doing this, and how hard it is to add a photo slide show?

Do I need to hire a professional?

Re: photo slide shows on web pages?

My website was first created with Dreamweaver and is hosted at Globat. The gal that maintains my website is able to maintain it with Frontpage. I host my pictures on Photobucket and she is able to make the slideshows there and upload them to my website.

Re: Re: photo slide shows on web pages?

It's easy........just copy / paste the java script of whatever slide show you choose......

there are MANY free ones available...be patient and keep plugging away.....you'll get the hang of it...

many sites offer free ones....do a google or yahoo search...good luck!!!

There are free sites online where you can upload your pictures, choose the format of your slideshow and then it will give you the code. If your website supports html (or code) then you can create a widget and paste and copy it in. Simple and free. Just do a google search and you'll find a lot of place to create the slideshow. Make sure you can use the code with the software you are using for your site.

link to a great FREE site

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex4/index.html

I have a slide show from www.photobucket.com
they have many different options to choose from.
and then give you the code to add to the web page.
good luck!

I have a Mac, and they make it pretty easy with iPhoto. I just choose the photos I want in a new album and just click "slideshow," it asks what music, how long to play, and lets me adjust the order. I know the html code to use so just upload both the new page and the slideshow using the software I use to maintain my page.

However, someone told me the other day that they could only see my slideshows as a one inch square. I was at my parents' house the other day and the same thing happened there until I tried a different browser, then it showed up fine. Anyone know why that happens with some browsers?

it is because mac and PC have different operating systems. Even though they can both do the same things it is in different languages and the interpretation can be off a bit. Best thing to do is once you have finished your web site on your mac, check the pages out on a PC running IE and Firefox. You may have to go back in a tweak the original page until it is acceptable on all browsers.