Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Narrow up front?

I have a 5 month old bitch puppy who is all of a sudden quite narrow up front, she was not like this previously.

Any idea if this is a growth thing? She's a lovely puppy and is otherwise holding together quite well. I've never seen this happen to a pup before.

thanks!

Re: Narrow up front?

Lots of things begin to change at 5 months of age. Don't look for awhile. She will most likely fill out again at maturity.

My experience has been that most of what goes narrow - usually stays more narrow than I would like. Guess it's a wait and see. Sometimes they spring, but alot of mine (that go narrow)have not sprung enough for me.

Re: Re: Narrow up front?

Wait and see how she looks at 12 months old - she is going to go through these ups and downs for quite sometime... so dont get discouraged.

Maybe check out her pedigree/breeder and see if her littermates are going through the same thing, and what the maturity age for your breeder's bitches are.

What was she like at 8 weeks? Odds are, she comes back to that. They can do just about anything in between.

Sometimes you get lucky and have something that stays in proportionate all the way along, but most of the time we're not that lucky.

I usually drive myself crazy and want to dump them about 5 times before they grow up.

Mike