Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Facebook

Just want it to let everyone know that lost of breeders have become facebook fans and is a lot of fun.

Re: Facebook

I thought it would be fun to look but hoe do I start? Don't you have to be invited to belong or view?

Re: Re: Facebook

How do you find breeders? Do you have to type in all the names. Maybe some could post if they are on facebook?

Re: Re: Re: Facebook

Go to "www.facebook.com"

Fill in the Sign up.

Once you have your profile setup, you can join groups, add people to your friends list, display pictures etc

Its very similar to myspace

Its not so much a great forum like this, but its a way to keep in contact with your friends.

Your breeder friends would need to have facebook as well to chat with them. But you can send invites to them if you wish.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.

Re: Re: Re: Facebook

And just a heads up as well --- For some people it is great, you can find your old lost friends, make new ones etc etc, but then for others it might cause a bit of drama...

You also get allot of uninvited people sending you emails.

I heard on a radio show that once you sign up your info is shared and you lose privacy. They also said once you sign up it is hard to get rid of it.

I guess if you are a private person Facebook would not be a good thing to have?

Sort of True and Sort of not.

True on the fact that if you dont set your privacy rights to exclude you from Public searchs, and that you dont set only allow friends to view your profile

So do these - and they cant find you on public searches. Facebook is slowly getting better at security.

If you are a very private person --- then no, facebook or any other social networking search is great for you .. So I would stick to messengers or forums as such :)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I heard on a radio show that once you sign up your info is shared and you lose privacy. They also said once you sign up it is hard to get rid of it.

I guess if you are a private person Facebook would not be a good thing to have?

It is true once you have a facebook profile set up you can not delete it. I had one. Hated all the extra work people I did not know or care to talk with anymore created. Tried to delete it. Facebook said not an option, so I changed my name best I could, changed to a fake email and made me off searches to 'inactivate' my account.

You can easily deactivate your account, and set your privacy settings to not be visible in search or anything particular.

You definitely did not need to change your names etc.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

It is true once you have a facebook profile set up you can not delete it. I had one. Hated all the extra work people I did not know or care to talk with anymore created. Tried to delete it. Facebook said not an option, so I changed my name best I could, changed to a fake email and made me off searches to 'inactivate' my account.

Love facebook,, just remember never put your birthdate on there and each account can be a private invite, I have never received unwanted mail,, or posting, You set it up, for invites only

I am too busy to contact good friends and talk to each on and let them know,, what is going on.. I post and they post. Lots of fun

What do you think of Dog Book? It is part of Facebook.... you set up a profile for your dog, have friends, etc.

Re: privacy -
Facebook (and other similar venues) have only the information you give them. If you don't want something shared, best not to post it on a public or quasi-public forum.