Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drifter

Does anyboday know how many Champions this Stud Dog produced? Where do you get information on Stud Dogs/Bitches and there offspring(titles)?

Re: Drifter

Lots Lots Lots

Re: Re: Drifter

Camino Books publishes info on champions produced. Lab Quarterly used to, wish they still did.

You can order a report from AKC also, for a fee.

In the 1996-2002 book by Camino, there were 51 Champions produced by this amazing boy!

http://www.camino-books.com/index.php?page=1000000000000

Re: Re: Re: Drifter

The number of Champions means nothing , when one considers the contribution this one dog made to our breed !

Re: Re: Re: Re: Drifter

I am new at all this. Can you give me examples of the contributtion? Thanks

I understand Lacey has a litter of Drifter pups. I'll be excited to see those pups grow up.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Drifter

#1 Top Producer of Champions for '99
#2 Top Producer of Champions of '97 and '98

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Drifter

http://www.offa.org/display.html?appnum=489038#animal

As of a few years ago his father, Arnold was the top producer of Ch in the History of the breed.

Roumor has it there is a litter of 9 Arnold puppies somewhere.

We do have a litter of Lacey/Drifter pups and they are so adorable!! Born on Christmas Eve. You can watch them here:

http://www.marestare.com/robnie.php

Isn't it great that there is frozen Arnold semen!!!!

Wonder how much there is , and who ya gotta know to get it? And do we have to mortgage the house too ?

Perhaps it would be someone who spent a lifetime of Pain and Joy trying to better our breed and through her hard work and trial and error bred this Great Ambassador to our Breed. Hopefully we can see more of his puppies.

Thanks to Jill.... who took a chance on a real beginner, I am privileged to have Rosie,(CH. Wiscoy's Once Upon a Rose)
nine years young....a Arnold/Gracie daughter.

Best of luck with your puppies Bonnie. I hope they turn out to be AWESOME.

Thanks, I hope they turn out really nice too!

I cannot thank Kendall enough for allowing me to breed to her wonderful dog Drifter.

I believe there is a litter of Arnold pups, a few months old or so. It is my understanding that there is no more frozen semen available from Arnold or Drifter.

Bonnie

Re: Drifter & Arnold

"Thanks to Jill.... who took a chance on a real beginner, I am privileged to have Rosie,(CH. Wiscoy's Once Upon a Rose)
nine years young....a Arnold/Gracie daughter. "

Kudos to both you and Jill! An Arnold daughter, how lucky you are.

I saw a young Drifter son take the points a few months ago. I believe he was owned by Deb Arnold of Twin Cedars Labradors. She had a Drifter litter out of her nice Ch. black bitch a few years back.

only in your dreams 'cause if you don't already know you ARE who you gotta know, you AINT who!!! LMAO

It's wonderful that these boys semen was frozen for later use. Anyone with a quality finished Champion boy should consider doing the same for many reasons.

What some breeders don't understand, it doesn't matter how many years ago the collection and freezing was done, what is important is the quality and preparation at the time it was done. It has nothing to do with how many years ago it was.

The frozen semen could be used 100 years from now and be the same as when thawed today let's say 15 years later.

Learn from the long time breeders & your mentors that have done this. It's a simple concept & something anyone venturing into a breeding of this type should be aware of. We all need to be educated and learning constantly.