Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PETA tries to stop Wetminster on TV

I have listed the website for the LA Times. PETA
has gone to the USA Network and is "strongly" encouraging them to follow the BBC's lead and stop showing dog shows - starting with Westminster. If you have the time, please add your comments and save Westminster and our right to have and show dogs.
Don't think it can happen? The BBC has taken Crufts off the air, Don't let the USA be next.

Re: PETA tries to stop Wetminster on TV

It might be even better to contact the USA Network directly and give them feedback:

http://www.usanetwork.com/feedback/#Contact

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have listed the website for the LA Times. PETA
has gone to the USA Network and is "strongly" encouraging them to follow the BBC's lead and stop showing dog shows - starting with Westminster. If you have the time, please add your comments and save Westminster and our right to have and show dogs.
Don't think it can happen? The BBC has taken Crufts off the air, Don't let the USA be next.

Re: Re: PETA tries to stop Wetminster on TV

I took a few minutes and sent a post, it looks like a number of folks are tired of PETA and recognize that PETA is a dangerous group! Every one should post, very easy using the link provided by original poster.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/unleashed/2009/01/peta-to-usa-net.html

Re: Re: PETA tries to stop Wetminster on TV (very long)

In addition to all of us sending our viewpoints opposing PETA on this issue to the USA Network with their email site, I would like to suggest that each of us reach out to our respective Labrador Retriever clubs, and ask that each club as a club, send a formal letter of protest to the USA Network President Bonnie Hammer, at the network's regular mail address:

USA Network
30 Rockefeller Plaza
21st Floor
New York, NY 10112

I know I have already asked that both the two clubs of which I am a member (Jersey Skylands and Mid-Jersey) send a formal letter of protest as a club. I also have sent a request to the New Jersey State Federation of Dog Clubs, asking that they also send a formal letter of protest against PETA's position to the USA Network.

I believe it is very important for us to make sure the news outlets and media organizations know that there are legitmate breeders and fanciers,
who care about breeding healthly dogs and are concerned about how & with whom their dogs are placed. We cannot let the PETA image of money hungry breeders, who only produce dogs for money and have no care where they eventually wind up, stand. It is when PETA makes public statements like that, with no public response being made by legitimate breeders, that they gain credibility with the public.

And that is my public soapbox statement for this morning, but I do think it is something as dog lovers we should all respond to.

I was aware that the BBC has refused to air Crufts. Does that mean people in the UK will be unable to see the show or will it be picked up by another station?

Thanks for posting this (nm)

x