Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Humane Society University of the Humane Society

New animal cruelty legislation in NJ will require training for assistant prosecutors in "consultation with the Humane Society University of the Humane Society of the United States." Great.

Our tax dollars at work. How we get to support HSUS even if we don't want to.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2008/Bills/A3500/3335_I1.HTM

Re: Humane Society University of the Humane Society

Please excuse my ignorance. I understand why not to support the HSUS and how they support anti breeder legislation. But I do not understand why it is bad that the state is working harder to fight animal cruelty?

Re: Re: Humane Society University of the Humane Society

There is a bigger picture here. Fighting animal cruelty is a good thing. Having to give money to the HSUS UNIVERSITY to train people on how to fight animal cruelty is unnecessary and gives HSUS another giant step into the door of States as a consultant, and I'm assuming a paid consultant, and as an expert. If they are an expert in this, gee, they must be an expert in other animal legislation. HSUS has supported "BAD for breeders" legislation in the past. They are out to get us sooner or later - and I know I sound paranoid, but it is the truth. I'd never heard of the HSUS University before today. They are no fools. Money is power. Watch out for them, mark my words.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Please excuse my ignorance. I understand why not to support the HSUS and how they support anti breeder legislation. But I do not understand why it is bad that the state is working harder to fight animal cruelty?

Re: Re: Humane Society University of the Humane Society

Points of information - Point One - New Jersey County prosecutors should not need any lessons at all in prosecuting animal cruelty cases. They are supposed to be qualified attorneys to practice law and to prosecute any and all broken laws in New Jersey as part of their job. If they did not have those credentials, they should not have been hired for the county prosecutor's job in the first place.

Point Two - Considering New Jersey's current financial crisis, I find it incredible that any of our law makers would want to have to hire any type of consultant, be it HSUS or anyone else, at additional state expense, to train our prosecutors to prosecute, which their job duties require them to be qualified to do, without any outside training in the first place.

Point Three - Why should any legislation direct HSUS to create the training program, when New Jersey has a Federation of Dog Clubs, containing much more expertise regarding dog care, than HSUS will ever have, as their organization contains no dog breeders, runs no animal shelters, provides no funds to any rescue organizations, and their only known qualification regarding human-canine relationships, is that they think they should not exist and are constantly working toward that end.

Hopefully we in New Jersey, will soon be pointing out these small points of interest to the sponsering legislators.

/s/ The Devil's Advocate

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to: