Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Coat and food again

Ok guys what are we saying is good for skin and coat this week ! There are so many differnet comments on many different foods, that it leaves the head spinning. I was very happy with Merrick. I did try and switch to the Merrick Befour Grain, only because we got a new girl and her ears were a mess and you know it's much easier if they are all on one food, if you can do it. Didn't like it, we had no poop at all.
So I tried Canidae All Life Stages and have been thrilled with the results. Weights are good, ears are great and poop is normal.Now it seems that they may have used the sweepings off the floor to put together my last bag and how fast my furry kids are not looking so good anymore. So is there really a food that stays the same all the time? Are they making short cuts that we wouldn't really see to save money? My god I know neighbors and some friends that feed there pets, well not great food, and they look and feel wonderful!

Re: Coat and food again

JMO but I think different things will work for different people and their dogs and perhaps at different times/stages - there is no easy fix/answer to this.

Yes I agree with you, but what a gimmick. If those less expensive brands are working well for the "non-show animal" then why wouldn't they work for a show animal. I want to do the best for my animals(all of them) but really how much more can they milk all of us for. I know I'm beating a subject to death, I'll end it.
So what is, in anyones experience, so far the best no- grain food that they have used.
Thank you

We use Orijen and love the results.

Re: Re: Coat and food again

Orijen 6 fish.
This stuff is the best

Re: Re: Re: Coat and food again

Wellness Core. I love it

Blue Buffalo Large Breed Adult

Royal Canin Lab #30

Have used both and am pleased with both.