Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ACVO vets in Wisconsin

I have been trying to get in touch with Animal Eye Associates in Wisconsin (Vainisi and Schmidt) for several days, have checked the number listed for them on the internet and determined that the number I'm calling seems to be up-to-date. I get an out-of-service type message. Does anyone know if they have completely retired. If not, how can I reach them? If so, is there any ACVO vet other than the vet school in the state. I heard there was now someone in the Milwaukee area, searched for that number on the internet, thought I had found it, and tried to call there- again an out-of-service message.

TIA for any information.

Re: ACVO vets in Wisconsin

Dr. Alan Brightman in Appleton is very good.

Re: Re: ACVO vets in Wisconsin

Wow. that is much closer to me. Do you have a phone number? (Although I will miss seeing Dr. Schmidt, who always called me "the folds lady" because of my study on the so-called puppy folds.)

Re: Re: Re: ACVO vets in Wisconsin

Hi Peggy, He's at the Fox Valley Animal Referral Center. The number is 920-993-9193.He's also done some cerf clinics in the past.

Hey Peggy!
I just came back from seeing Gretchen today!
I think their prices are alot more reasonable for pups and multiple dogs, at least thats what a few others have said about the one in Appleton. Their phone number is 920-863-3160. I don't know what I'll do when they decide to retire!

Did you make your appointment by phone, Desiree? I have tried that number for several days now and gotten an error message every time.

Re: Re: Re: ACVO vets in Wisconsin

Yep, and they called to confirm yesterday. I just called in now (9:52pm) and got the answering machine of course, but it went through fine. You can email me if you need me to call them for you! Not sure but it works fine for me! Or I can call and see if Amie or Gretchen would give you a call back.

I have the same number (920) 863-3160 on my paperwork from a clinic.

WOW Peggy, Dr. Vanisi, that dredged up a name from the past. I wonder if he is the same Dr. Vanisi I used for eye check with my collies when I lived in Illinois back in the 70's & 80's. Since I'm in my 50's now, he would have to be ancient now.

He used to practice in Il, so it undoubtedly is. He and his partner Gretchen Schmidt had a vacation home and "retired" to it several years ago. They always had a weekend clinic there.

It is the same one - I used to live in Illinois also. He had an office in Wheeling - right across the street from my favorite restuarant - Bob Chinns!

Peggy,

Go to www.acvo.org . It will give you a listing of all ACVO diplomats and you can tailor your search from there.

Best,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest

Thank you Leslee I also visited the acvo site and get the details on the acvo vet close to my place.

God Bless,

Phil