Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
To beat 'em, join 'em.

I just found this link: http://www.peta.org/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12928

It's to PETA's own forum re: Westminster. There's a discussion now about the fact that they're losing this one badly. Some are saying that the stats mean nothing because we're all too stupid to understand anyway.

There's one poster who says that all the people who are voting NO to the LA Times poll don't know about the real cruelty that goes on behind the scenes.

They invade our forums, let's invade theirs and hammer them.

Re: To beat 'em, join 'em.

I just went to PETA's site and read all of the posts. What a bunch of nuts. The best thing for us would be if everyone in America, especially those that donate money without really knowing what PETA is really about, would go read this discussion. They would be totally exposed if people actually listened to their thoughts.

There is not a rational thought or argument in the bunch. Some of the posts equated breeding dogs to human slavery; and they were serious!

There is no real sense in trying to argue with people. You can not rationalize with irrational people. All we can do is expose them.

Mike

HAHA that was so much fun I actually got banned already!!! Oooops

it is the same 3 people over and over. after the first page it became very boring.

This could be fun

From their own forum.....here is the agenda in black and white on this page:
http://www.peta.org/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12459&whichpage=10

You cannot own a dog. They are not property to be bought, sold or traded.

We do not come here for a debate with people like you. We come here to interact with people who do feel the same as us.

So I don't really give a rats ass what you consider to be a healthy debate, because I'm not here for you.

I haven't heard anything brilliant from a breeder, or show breeders. And I don't mean I haven't heard anything, I mean nothing worth listening to.

We don't want dogs to be extinct. We want them to be free from domestication and enslavement by people. As goes with fur trade animals, animals raised for "food" (whether that be factory farm, or mom and pop farm) animals used in science, and entertainment.

We want to see human's use of and dependence on animals end. That's all. If they can survive naturally, and maintain a habitat that is not ruined by man, any species is more than welcome to survive.

The domestication of dogs was brought about because wild dogs/wolves wanted to interact with people in the first place! Through selective breeding, certain physical traits, temperament and personalities were brought out to enhance the jobs of mankind (and yes, OMG this includes hunting). This world would be very lonely and a lot more hopeless if we were no longer able to have own our pets! And yes, I prefer to use the term OWN because this means I have the right (yes I have rights too)to certain protections of my pets. They are my property and such, as an animal lover, I can determine what I feel is morally and ethically correct for MY dogs!

Face it, there will always be horrible people in this world that will hurt animals. However these are the same people who will also hurt other humans. That is why there are shelters (both animal and human) to protect those who have been abused. But for the most part, the majority of people are good and take great care of their pets. Why punish them all and lump them all in the same category?

If we turned all the dogs loose in this world to fend for themselves, guess where they would want to be? DUH WITH US!!! There is NO natural habit for the domestic dog except for with people! By saying PETA does not what the domestic dog to become extinct yet in the same breath say they would have to live in their own habit it is an oxymoron, not to mention could pose a huge human health threat. The third world countries who have loose dogs roaming the streets have many health problems due to uncontrolled populations. In fact it was due to dogs at large in this country being rounded up and inhumanely killed due to public health threats that's our first Animal Welfare groups started up.

The domestic dog is NOT being enslaved by humans. They work willing and freely. They love their roles as our companions. However they are NOT and NEVER will be human. They are animals and they do not have nor should they ever have the same rights as humans. Furthermore it is NOT up to some self-righteous, self-serving, power hungry, terrorist group to think they have to stand up for our dogs and tell us we are abusing them. The truth is our dogs throughly enjoy being part of our households and we will not allow this group to take OUR rights away to own these wonderful creatures.

Dog enrich our lives greatly, they definitely have a place in our society. But you PETA subscribers are either people haters, or pet haters or both. You care nothing about anything but getting your way.

Sorry I wasted my breath on you guys though. You guys don't care for anybody but yourselves!

Well written but that would probably never get posted there....