General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
frozen shipping costs/container

Approx. cost for shipping frozen from eastern US to
the mid-west, what size of containter

Re: frozen shipping costs/container

Frozen semen is shipped in a large container to keep it frozen until it arrives. This container usually needs to be rented and you also need to pay for it to be shipped back. I've only shipped frozen once and the shipping cost was about $600 each direction.

Using frozen semen, for me, is a special breeding and you only do it if you feel "wealthy" enough to be able to gamble with the money. Often it's a male that is no longer available for fresh chilled and that means your breeding is a one time thing with no repeats.

Re: Re: frozen shipping costs/container

600.00? Would love to know who was storing that semen that charged you that much. I've done frozen a few times, shipping and the use of the container was only 300. total and that included that return shipping on the container.
Aloha,
jackie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Frozen semen is shipped in a large container to keep it frozen until it arrives. This container usually needs to be rented and you also need to pay for it to be shipped back. I've only shipped frozen once and the shipping cost was about $600 each direction.

Using frozen semen, for me, is a special breeding and you only do it if you feel "wealthy" enough to be able to gamble with the money. Often it's a male that is no longer available for fresh chilled and that means your breeding is a one time thing with no repeats.