Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
JUDG notation????

When you see this marked in the results for a show, does this mean the dog was wicketed out or what other reasons could there be and does it mean the dog was officially DQ'd??
TIA!

Re: JUDG notation????

could also be limping, bleeding, misbehaving. The only way to know for sure is to ask the dog's handler, the judge, or read the judge's note in his or her book.

Re: Re: JUDG notation????

Ok thanks. Does this always mean and official DQ as in 3 strikes and you're out for good??

Re: JUDG notation????

Recently at a show, I noticed that my young girl was not quite herself and since I did not want to her to have a bad ring experience at her first indoor show, I asked the judge to be excused after I explained why. The book was marked JUDG.

Re: Re: Re: JUDG notation????

If the dog is disqualified, it is marked DQ on the AKC results. If the only notation is JUDG, then it means the entry was excused for any of the multiple reasons a judge might excuse. I have excused a dog because I was unable to examine it - it really didn't want to be touched. I have excused one for being lame on the day - a special in fact. The judge always has to write the REASON for the excusal, but it is not shown on the official results by AKC. The same is true of a DQ - it will be marked, but the reason is not shown on the official results.

Re: Re: Re: Re: JUDG notation????

Thank you Maureen, so if it were a true DQ, it would say DQ, not JUDG then on Infodog?
I am just wondering, always have, this has nothing to do with any particualr dog or results.
I have never actually seen a DQ on a results page, but then, I wasn't looking for one either, LOL