Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nervous Nellie

I bred my girl 4 weeks ago yesterday and today. In your experience are there any signs she is with puppy at this point in time? I sooo want a puppy from this sweetheart, as I'm sure you have all been there. Thank you,

Re: Nervous Nellie

I hate the "fourth week" as it is always when I start doubting But by week 5 the pooch is there...well after I have done the ultra sound that is

Re: Nervous Nellie

Yes there are signs. Her teats will be enlarged/a little swollen looking, and depending on what color she is, a yellow bitch may have nipples that appear more pink or red in color. Vulva is also still swollen as in heat. You will also see her teats start to drop just a little, hair will be coming down.

At this point if your vet knows how to palpate he can easily tell you if he feels pups. You can also confirm on a sonogram.

Good Luck

Re: Re: Nervous Nellie

What do you mean by hair coming down?

Re: Re: Re: Nervous Nellie

she will start shedding hair around her tummy area around nipples I believe is what she means, don't wish to speak for anyone.

Re: Re: Re: Nervous Nellie

Driving me crazy her mimmies are pink, her vulva is swollen, but, her vulva is carried high so thats hard to tell. I guess I need some support and I feel sorry for myself. Keep those cards and letters coming.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nervous Nellie

Is it an obvious shedding around the tummy? I'm sorry I feel like such an idiot.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Nervous Nellie

My girls always sleep during the day more, stay up close to you more, throw up around 2 or 3 weeks. Not alot but once or twice in the morning. They don't all do all these things but most of mine do. And maybe by 4 weeks act like they could use more food. I don't give them extra at this time, but no hesitation to eat. Hope for the best for you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nervous Nellie

Usually by the 5th-6th week you will be able to see a definate bulge and developing mammary tissue.

I am much to anxious for this...LOL...I usually do an ultrasound at 4 wks to confirm and get a rough count.

Good luck...my girl is 4 wks along too...did the ultrasound on Friday. Definately preggers and 8-9 puppers in there right now!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Nervous Nellie

With my girls, I can usually tell with a change in their demeanor. My girl looked at me from three weeks on with the "why me" look