Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any Results Monday Brooksville Shows?

Does anyone know the results yet?

Re: Any Results Monday Brooksville Shows?

No, is seems the usual "updaters" are not winning down there this circuit so they aren't coming on the forum to brag!!

Re: Re: Any Results Monday Brooksville Shows?

Please refer to: "Some need more playtime than others..." Thread.

This was uncalled for.

Its Monday - Everyone hates Mondays... But come on

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

No, is seems the usual "updaters" are not winning down there this circuit so they aren't coming on the forum to brag!!

Re: Re: Re: Any Results Monday Brooksville Shows?

No, my point was that no one, at all, has updated the FL show results here before they were on Infodof all week long, why would that change today??

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Results Monday Brooksville Shows?

Well the poster was asking for the Monday results -- not this weekends results.

Monday results are not posted yet

Replying to: "No, is seems the usual "updaters" are not winning down there this circuit so they aren't coming on the forum to brag!!"

WD/BOW Moonlits Burberry Black Bling
WB Winquest Chambray N Nick O Time
BOB Salty Dog

Nice to see a Florida dog winning in the circuit against all those northern dogs with those top handlers.

He is a very nice boy!

(If anyone knows the folks at Tampa Bay Labradors -- their site is yelling about Spy Ware and wont let anyone view it :()

Replying to:

Replying to: "No, is seems the usual "updaters" are not winning down there this circuit so they aren't coming on the forum to brag!!"

WD/BOW Moonlits Burberry Black Bling
WB Winquest Chambray N Nick O Time
BOB Salty Dog

Nice to see a Florida dog winning in the circuit against all those northern dogs with those top handlers.

No, it just pretty much says the "Florida dogs" can't compete against everyone else when the good dogs from around the country come down to Florida! Pretty funny actually - now you know why they don't venture out of Floriday!

Why so bitter Breeder?

Replying to: "Pretty funny actually - now you know why they don't venture out of Floriday!"

Yes it is very funny actually, considering I sent my "Florida Dog" up north to shows last year and he won WD points and a major.

Have a nice day!

MOONLITS BURBERRY BLACK BLING is from New York State. Not Florida.

Nice :)

I am a bit confused --- The dog lives in Florida.... doesnt mean thats where his pedigree is.

Either way --- Congrats.

HELLO!!!!!!!!the BOB winner is a FLORIDA DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So is the Winners Bitch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why would anyone who lives in Florida want to travel outside of Florida to go to dog shows, when there are more AKC shows in Florida than anywhere else?

Well, when the Fla shows are over for the summer and you need more wins to finish a dog, then you send it somewhere with shows! Makes sense to me.

All dogs have pedigrees elsewhere, they didn't magically show up in any state!

Salty is a Fla dog and he has won more breeds at this circuit than all the dogs brought down by the big handlers. So, where is the "funny" there?

The only observable difference is the coat these dogs come down with, which makes them look much typier, but give them 4 months in our hot and humid weather and they too will become Florida dogs!

Apparently there are other people posting as "Breeder" on this thread, so don't think they were all me...
Regardless, the point was that the FL people, and we know who they are, don't bother to post results unless one of their dogs wins!
Point in case, today one of their dogs won WB, so they were nice enough enough to post it for us.
All the other days so far, no one has posted to answer questions about results, because THEIR dogs didn't win!!!!
Very one sided!

The reason for such few responses to inquiries about winners in brooksville is that most south florida owners actually have to work during the week, and the pro handlers that are there im sure arent coming on this forum.

I don't know about you, but my handler only calls me with results when my dog wins. My handler does not usually call me with an update on who the winners are for the day.

Big Congradulations to the Cravens who own Winners' Dog Wilson, and to a job well done to Katherine Mines at showing him. I know you could not be happier and you are now in the ribbons. I know Susan of Moonlit is proud as I am of this win.

What were the number of points awarded WD and WB?

Results are up on infodog.com click on catalog.

People post to be informative others post to announce their dog's win, on the other hand "Breeder" seems to post to complain about "We all know who they are". It seems that nothing satisfy this self proclaimed "Breeder", if "they" show up, there comes the complaints, if "they" don't show up, there come the complaints, if "they" win there come the complaints, if "they" don't win more of the whinning.

Get a life!!

Try tracking down the results of the Jones and Onfrio shows.. Info dog is a really good resource.

how mant was it for WD?

Yes, with a "northern" handler!

Congrats!

Congratulations to those handsome winners!

The amount of coat has little to do with climate. Coat comes from good breeding. There are dogs in Florida with the same coat as the Northern dogs. Welcome Northerners....I am glad you are here. There are some Florida people that actually dare to cross the northern border and have lots of fun with all those on the other side. See you in a couple of weeks!!! Save me a spot in the great low country food line!!!

2 points for both WD & WB.

Replying to:

What were the number of points awarded WD and WB?

Some winners are at the show and are having much more fun than those of you hanging around your computers bugging others--

Jesus - here we go again. I have dogs in Florida that have kicked a** no matter where they are shown. And as for anon, if you think Florida has the most shows, you haven't been to California. You guys need a stiff drink and a reality check. Why is it that this kind of witching and bitching always comes out of Florida? It's why everyone else in the SEC can't stand the smell of the place.... LOL

Oh, and by the way - CONGRATS TO THE WINNERS!!!!! Very deserving - every one of them, from Florida to New York!!!

Not even close! Before you preach you need to know what you are saying. Dogs brought down from up north will blow that northern coat in 6 weeks and then they will have the same coat as the Florida dogs.

Florida is a paradise! Nice people, beautiful beaches, awesome places to visit and further more...have the best kick ass DOGS

If you look at the FL WB pedigree you will see where the quality comes from and that the dam was actually bred by Surry and co-owned with someone in FL. Nothing to do with one the genes of one of the breeders listed on the registration.

California if you have the most shows there, do you travel to Oregan to show your dogs? Most likely not, if you can go to shows in your own backyard. That is the point, why travel outside of your own state and spend the money when you can go to shows every weekend locally? Face the facts the Florida dogs are good quality and they win and they win outside of Florida. It must be that there are to many who are sour grapes when certain dogs win because it is not theirs. Better luck next time.

I just read the results on infodog and this is the sire for WB today, Ch Ghostones Hyspire Dressed To Impress. How is this a Florida dog?

He's not a Florida dog. But the geriatric population of that state can't keep anything straight and their affliction has now started rubbing off even on their younger (age 40+) geriatrics-in-waiting.

To 'Get The Facts'

Were you always this nasty or did it happen with age?
Since you have all the facts no-one else need post, you have it all covered right? No.

It is nice to say congratulations.

I will repeat a poster backwards. WD/BOW was not a Florida dog.

Congratulations to all the winners. Special Congrats to the owners of the Moonlit WD/BOW & the breeders, Susan of Moonlit & Leeda of Bournhall. Neither lives in FL.

I think all the geriatrics have gone to bed so you can stop posting this BULLSHIT already. This discussion is not about the WD. Apparently, it is a referendum on breeders in Florida. In my opinion, the quality of dogs are pretty even all around the country considering the wide use of the same studs over the years. If you were to check out the pedigrees of these Florida breeders, Im sure many posters here, who are clueless, would be surprised that the same studs that they use abound in the lines of these Florida breeders.

As a side note, I have a "Florida dog", and I know that littermates of this dog, that live in the north, have much better coats. This is an indisputable fact. A Lab living in Florida wil grro less undercoat.

You're right. Really, who cares if "they" are at a show? As far as I am concerned, it's so much more pleasant when "they" are not there. We can avoid the hooting and the hollering, and most recently, the booing -- YES -- the booing. I happened to be standing right behind "them" and heard it myself; show in question, Ocala, Florida, Sunday, Nov. 16th. Sadly for Florida, it is only this small group that give this great state, and its great breeders and dogs a bad name.

Everyone knows who this is about. Not about most Fla dogs, just a breeder. Should not give all Fla breeders this bad publicity. Some are working hard with their lines. But alot of nice dogs have always gone down to the Fla shows and looks like they are winning.

The dogs entered for the Brooksville circuit are 95% northern dogs. If you check the catalog there are many Fla breeders who did not enter these shows. The Brooksville circuit is a handlers show, not a dog show.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Results Monday Brooksville Shows?

whenever she is not there it is very stress free

I was recently down in Fla with a couple of my dogs and did not encounter any hostile groups, on the contrary most everyone around ringside was very cordial. I think that there are a several people with an ax to grind and each time you post these negative comments here and elsewhere you are giving your area an undeserved bad reputation.
Come to grips with your situation, live with it and get on and prosper.

Replying to:
"We can avoid the hooting and the hollering, and most recently, the booing -- YES -- the booing. I happened to be standing right behind "them" and heard it myself; show in question, Ocala, Florida, Sunday, Nov. 16th."

I was there and I never hear any "booing?" Maybe what you heard was boo hooing.

Going back to the Ocala show mentioned--

Who was "booing" and when in the judging?

Since you described it, could you please be more honestly specific?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any Results Monday Brooksville Shows?

Who was booing?

let it rest as anyone can claim anything to cause trouble, it is very obvious that there a few trouble makers waiting for anything to occur to stir things up.

Yes, enough is enough, we've heard it over and over again.

I want to know who acted that way because I honestly think some are clueless about protocols/traditions at ringside, not to be punitive or nasty.

We all had to learn from someone.

I was at that show as well, and there was no booing.

Have sat numerous times ringside with these lab owners and have never seen or heard any booing. This is absolutely craziness. Just because they have quite a few owners at the shows support it.

The WB, very much a Florida dog says congratulations to all the winners! She will share a spot for you to swim with her on the Fl keys anytime you visit down south. Yes her sire is from CA, and her dam is a Surry, but she was born and lives here in South Florida and coat here is not easy to keep.

The Pride

Those who are protesting & defending are the noise makers else why would they pipe up. What has prompted them away from the current show & circuit to revert to an old show discussion? hmmm ? Certainly it was a non-issue to the rest of us inquiring about the results. Even if you candycoat a sour apple it doesn't change what's inside.

Discussions of show results need to be about the show results - WB/WD&BOB. It is sad that a congrats to a dog&owner go by the wayside when it's a Florida show.

Congrats to the Winners!

Congratulations to all the winners with regard to this tread, this show on this day and to the rest of the winners of the Brooksville FL circuit.

It only takes one person ring side to boo to make it look bad for everyone else watching their dogs. So please do not say that it is an entire group of people sitting on the side lines when it is not.

PEOPLE WAKE UP! IT'S THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN BY THE SAME PERSON OR TWO (IN CONCERT NO DOUBT). LET'S JUST ALL POST "ENOUGH" WHEN THEY START BACK UP AGAIN.