Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Author Jon Katz's Labradors

Anyone know the breeder author Jon Katz got his yellow Labs Clementine and Pearl from? He refers to Pearl as having championships and having been a show dog so I figure she's likely from show lines.

Re: Author Jon Katz's Labradors

Read the book....and doubtful she was a Ch...

Re: Re: Author Jon Katz's Labradors

I remember he writes about the breders name in one of his early books. I had looked it up back then and yes she is a reputable breeder with show dogs. So don't cast doubt! I just can't remember wich state she lived in but it was the northeast. Sorry I can't be more help.

Re: Re: Re: Author Jon Katz's Labradors

Also this is not the same man who wrote Marley and me. FYI

If I remember correctly, I think that his dogs came from Pam Leslie, Hillside Labradors in Vermont.

Re: Re: Author Jon Katz's Labradors

I am almost positive you are right. She lives in Vermont, and I believe she may have been the breeder of CH. Hillsides Flash of Ash aka Flash, who was owned by Nancy Scholz here in upstate ny. I apologize if any of this info is wrong.

Pam Leslie is his lab breeder.
barb

Easy to find the info:
Pam Leslie
Hillside
Pawlet,Vt.
802-325-3476
Pearl is CH. Hillside's Precious Pearl

Does she still breed Labs?

Yes, I am still breeding and Pearl is Ch.Hillsides Perfect Pearl WC. She is Lindall Hichland Games CD JH and out of Ch. Hillsides Belle Starr JH. She received her championship at 17 months from the open yellow class handled by Joy Quallenberg.