Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
LRC Piedmont Specialty Looking for Jr. Handlers

We need some junior entries for the Specialty. Come join us for some good southern hospitality and hopefully good weather.

Closing is Friday January 16, 2009

Hope to see you there

Re: LRC Piedmont Specialty Looking for Jr. Handlers

My girls went last year and had a great time! Looking forward to coming back again this year!

Please encourage any young people out there to please enter in juniors at these specialties. Most of the time specialties do not even include juniors because of the expense, and the low numbers do not justify having it. Its hard enough for juniors at the all breed shows to get their wins using a labrador. At least at specialties the playing field starts at even. This will give them a chance to try and earn wins to go to Westminster.

There are only three juniors competing this year at the garden with labradors. We are the number one breed in the country and we have the least amount of juniors representing us.

Please encourage our young handlers and give them the support they so desperately need to keep showing labradors instead of switching to flashier dogs to win.

Worried for the future of our Labradors!

Kayla, eleven, is entered this year, can't wait! Well, entry in the mail.....

Trish,

I can't wait to see you and Kayla. The girls and I are coming down. Jes & Kaiti will be in the open intermediate class. Kaiti will be turning 12 on Feb 3.

See ya soon
Becky, Jessi & Kaiti