Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Progard® Puppy-DPv

Progard® Puppy-DPv, by Intervet

Canine Distemper-Parvovirus Vaccine, Modified Live Virus

From what I can see, this is Dr. Dodds recommendation. Anyone using this vaccine?

Re: Progard® Puppy-DPv

I have used it with the last couple of litters. It has replaced the First Dose Parvo. I have had no problems at all.

Re: Progard® Puppy-DPv

The vet I work for thats all we use.

Re: Re: Progard® Puppy-DPv

Won't use anything else and in more than 10 years of using it have only lost 2 puppies that been vaccinated even once with it and one of those had just been vaccinated the day before getting sick. I practice in an area with alot of nasty parvo and way too many dogs that don't get vaccinated at all. I often see puppies with parvo that have been vaccinated, even multiple times, with other brands of vaccine. Debbie Darche, DVM

Re: Re: Re: Progard® Puppy-DPv

Debbie,

When are you dosing?

Do you use this for all their series of shots?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Progard® Puppy-DPv

I usually start at 6 1/2 to 7 weeks and go every 3 weeks until 15 to 16 weeks. I use Intervet DP for the first three then a "5 in one" for the last shot. I don't vacc. for corona, or lepto. I am in an area with a lot of non and under vaccinated puppies and dogs and have found this schedule works, both for my personal puppies as well as clients.I have had a few, probably 5 or 6, come down with parvo after just one shot but they had mild cases and recovered quickly. I have been using Intervet vaccine for around 15 years now.