Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Am I the only one that wonders where all the fabulous, drop dead gorgeous dogs and puppies are that everyone raves about??? People post that they have stunning dogs and puppies at *home* and their litters are full of stunning baby puppies but we never see them at shows. So where are all the drop dead gorgeous dogs everyone is always writing about???

Re: Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

I don't know - mine are off winning at the shows

When you try to pick a fight - be a bit more affrontive. I am sure you can do better than your lame effort.

*All* puppies are "cute, adorable, beautilful, full of attitude and type, and drop dead gorgeous, show wonderful potential,....etc" It's getting them to stay that way that's a little more difficult. :)

Do we care

Learned a new word today OP?

Well, with the economy the way it is, maybe they haven't been able to get them out. I think the economy is bad all over and maybe this is why we haven't seen all these wonderful dogs. Let's just wait until spring, maybe they will be out

After a while you see that your drop dead georgeous pup has some faults as they grow so they are probally in some pet home somewhere now.

There are some people that must live pretty miserable lives to have nothing to do but write into forums trying to stir the pot. There's enough on here to keep therapists busy for years...... Either that or one TERRIBLY disturbed miserable person that needs committed and their computer taken away....!!!!

Re: Re: Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Your right on that!!!

Hmm, maybe you don't know a good drop dead gorgeous dog if it hit you in the face... there are lots of dogs that I drool over that I see out of those old time great kennels, if there wasn't any I wouldn't be breeding my dogs anymore

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Am I the only one that wonders where all the fabulous, drop dead gorgeous dogs and puppies are that everyone raves about??? People post that they have stunning dogs and puppies at *home* and their litters are full of stunning baby puppies but we never see them at shows. So where are all the drop dead gorgeous dogs everyone is always writing about???

Let me guess, the OP is from Florida!

hey I dont appricate that remark.

Just because we happen to live in Florida does not mean we are bad breeders, have ugly dogs or cause trouble at the shows.

Please -please stop picking on Florida folks. We are not all that bad. Many of us are just trying to learn from this forum and maybe even contribute a few little things.

re the REAL question here: When was the last time you looked at a 4-5 mo old that held together? My limited experience is that that is when they really get the "uglies" and you just cross fingers and toes that they come back together as that dreamy pup you remember. My friends say just "don't look" during that awful time. Make your decision around 6 mos if you have kept them that long.

Re: Re: Re: Things that make you go hmmmmmmm

Hey, I have a 6 month old "drop dead gorgeous" pup........this pup will be a show stopper if he ever gets bigger than a 4 month old!!!!!!!!!!!

All puppies look nice and then they grow up. My favorite are the breeders that have litters of 10 pups and all 10 are "show quality".

I didn't see this thread to be stirring up anything... Gotta have a sense of humour!

I actually laughed reading it!! Comments in regards to the sunshine state though I could do without... we can play nice!!

I know enough with dogging FLA. It is really not fair.

It's true - "One bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch."

they are either in the showring or "growing out" or "have a bag over their head" LOL!

The ones that don't turn out...they are placed in pet homes.

That's where mine are.

I think we all need a dose of that Florida sunshine to brighten up our moods today, now don't we????

Don't forget all the clearances! Hips, elbows, eyes, heart and, now we have all the genetic tests. It is not worth it for us to put all that money into showing to eventually have to place him or her in a pet home.

I think it's a lot of a lot. You can have a drop dead gorgeous puppy that falls apart for a while - had that one...then they get it together...or don't. But in any event, you have to keep them home for a while and pray a lot and don't look. Then there are the clearances. Some make it past those and some don't. And we always used to make fun of folks in North Dakota when I used to live in Montana. They probably made fun of us - this was long befofe internet - so who knows what was going on? I never made fun of anyone in Florida before...but I guess it's being done now. Personally - I love visiting Florida. Warm and warm...and I have really good friends there.
A