Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
is anyone getting inconsistent results with PREMATE lately?

The last two boxes of Premate have been inconistent. I have tested and retested elimating all human error (and temp) to find I cannot get a clearly dark pink on standard A and a clearly light pink on standard B

I've had 3 different lab techs agree with me. We've done everything the same as we have for years, since we started using this test.

When I tried to order 2 boxes the other day they said they were "limiting every customer to only one box, and that everything would be back to normal in Feb" (hmmmm...)
Do you think they may KNOW this is an issue, and are producing a whole new "lot"...in the meantime we here are not getting good results, and we are paying for this

Thoughts anyone???

I'm left "blind" going into 2 breedings, breeding the traditional 11 and 14th day because I don't KNOW! AHH!

Re: is anyone getting inconsistent results with PREMATE lately?

There is no inconsistency that I know of or experienced; if you are having issues with inconsistent results could be the cycling of your bitch going back and forth, OR the temp of the water you are using is not correct. Are you in cold climate?

Specifically, is Standard A turning Hot Pink and Standard B turning "clear"??? B will end up "pink in color" if your water is off in temp or any of the other standards are not the right temp.

Re: Re: is anyone getting inconsistent results with PREMATE lately?

WE do the same temp water each time.

If you answer the questions about Standard A and B maybe I can help you, will try anyway.

Is Standard A always hot pink when you are done and B always "clear"?? Where are you finding the inconsistencies???

every test I run does not always produce the same dark pink A our clear B.

As long as there is a difference in the two samples and your bitches test is matched between the two then you should be fine.

Correct!! Trying to find out if Standard B is coming out "hot pink" because it can fluctuate with color but not that pink.

Also, I'm wondering if the bitch sample is going back and forth which happens to me sometimes just because they stall.

Also, in the colder climate I have had to leave the test kit out longer then 60 minutes to bring to room temp, I add 15 minutes sometimes. I've felt the bottle after an hour and it was not room temp yet. If the Standards are not at room temp, that does affect the testing and inconsistencies can show if one day room temp is reached, the next test day it's not.

ah...........all good points. We do live in a cold climate, so I will try the extra 15 min.

One time i did the test every single well was hot pink...that was when I was like, "what???"

today we left the test out for 2 hrs, and we had a better reading, almost perfect...so it may just be the point of not bringing it to room temp enough!

Testy, if every well is hot pink when you finish testing, you definitely have a temperature issue. As pointed out, the colors will slightly vary but you really should end up with Standard A hot pink, Standard B "clear" or a little pink.... and ready when your bitch matches B. Weather out doors is a big part of this... opposite in Summer, I leave the kit out no more then 45 minutes and ready to go.

FYI, if you call for a kit and there is a problem with something, it's been my experience over years of working with them, if you ask, they ALWAYS say something!! Great ppl over there.

Hope you figured it out good luck

thanks! I feel much better now!!!