Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Play Toys

I am fixing to move my litter of 11 four week old pups from the whelping box in my office to the puppy palace in the lower level of my house. I am looking for play toy ideas. The puppy palace is 12' x 15'. 10 x 12 is rubber mat, and there is 10 x 3 that is carpet/indutrial rug mats. I have a swimming pool for a litter box, wire crates, vari kennels, an off the floor bed, 4 little tyke toys, a tunnel, stuffed toys and chew toys. Any idea what to use for climbing and anything else you think I should add to their palace? I am open for any and all ideas. I need to keep these little gals entertained!!! TIA

Re: Puppy Play Toys

Sherry ~ the Little Tykes toddler preschool plastic outdoor toys are great for puppies, and you can usually get gently used ones at yard sales. Also agility tunnels make great hide & seek venues for puppies.
Have fun.

Re: Re: Puppy Play Toys

For climbing, I put a 1" x 6" plank at a gentle slant with the upper end resting on a Little Tikes play cube. I also have some steps that are made to help a dog get on a bed. They don't really go anywhere, but my pups like to climb them. I think I will put 2 together if I can find another set--up one side, down the other.

Are all 11 puppies girls?

A couple of mobiles.....with parts that move with air currents.

I went to the Goodwill store tonight and found a little tykes chair they can climb on, and also another toy that has a curtain for them to go through and some hangy down things to mess with...tommorrow is the big moving day-for them to go to the puppy palace. I has an escapeee today when I got home form work...so it is definitely time..

And no 10 of 11 are girls...I cant wait to see what I have in there. I am seeing some promising things thus far...wish me luck!

Fisher-Price toys are really sound/strong.

My pups love anything they can pound on/make noise, see pop up and down--just like toddlers!

I get them at Goodwill or sales in the neighborhood- paid $1 last time for each. They NEVER wear out.

Don't forget freecycle.com

Re: Re: Puppy Play Toys

10 girls and 1 boy--wow!!! What is your formula for that ratio? Can't be just luck.

Email me and I will let you know...LOL

Actually have to give the credit to the HySpire team...Specifically Nat.