Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SNAIL MAIL OFA'S TIMING

Sent in the 19th of Dec. Anyone else doing it the old fashion way lately and heard back. How long do you wait before you call. Christmas week and New Years in the middle of this also.

Re: SNAIL MAIL OFA'S TIMING

I have one that I got the email confirmation of receipt on 1/2/09, haven't heard anything yet...

Mine was delayed because my vet had sent in an out of date form, and they had since raised their prices, so they sent out a letter saying I owed them another $5. And they only send those letters out once a month (they said this week those would go out) , so you will probably get a letter this week if you had sent in the wrong $$ amount.

It took 3 weeks to get OFA results with certificates for my two English Setters but then there were no holidays when I sent mine x-rays to OFA for evaluation.

You can always call OFA and ask about the progress and/or results.

1 week to get there, 8 days and they mailed me my results back. Anki, did you get a notification that they received the x-rays? If so, the turnaround seems to be 7 - 10 days. I'd call them.

Snail mail--two weeks

sent them in Jan 2, got the certificates today--OFA EXCELLENT hips, elbows clear.

A nice present in the mail today!

MKM

Re: Re: SNAIL MAIL OFA'S TIMING

had my girl done on Dec 9, still nothing back, called OFA, they said with the holidays it would be longer, ck on Tuesday, said middle of next week....must of sent them to the moon I hope they are back before she comes in season!!!!!!!!!!

It depends soley on how busy they are with submissions! Some can go quick, others can be longer. You never know. I had one Excellent that took 3.5 weeks to return results and they were digital.

Re: Re: SNAIL MAIL OFA'S TIMING

Thank you for the answers. And guess what, they came today. OFA's Excellant and elbows Normal. Worth the wait. Hard to wait sometimes.