Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Kcal in Pro Plan C& R

Have switched to Costco/Kirkland brand dog food made by Diamond Foods. Chicken and Rice Kcal is 393 per cup. Did not check my ProPlan bag before getting rid of it to see how it compared in Kcal. Can someone help me out on this?

Thanks so much.

Re: Kcal in Pro Plan C& R

Oh boy, just found the answer not so far back in the archives. 489kcal in PP C and R. Guess that will need some adjusting with this new food. This economy is killing me.

I know, keep fewer dogs. Never thought I'd see the day when Purina jacked their prices up so high. This stinks!! I've been on the breeders club for quite some time, and it used to work well for me. Not so much anymore

Can we all do an economy dance to make it turn around

You might want to check into the Arkat product. www.arkat.com

Original Pro Plan C&R is 489 kcal/c
New PP Shredded C&R is 375 kcal/c
PP Performance (C&R) is 493 kcal/c

Remember to calculate the calorie count into how much you have to feed vs how much you pay per pound.

If you feed more to get the same amount of calories, it may end up costing you more than the brand that is more per pound.

I was looking at food at my Petco store and was amazed at how much shelf space and the number of product lines that the Purina brand has. I printed a $5 off coupon for any bag of food from the website that I used for the Large Breed Puppy.

Re: Re: Kcal in Pro Plan C& R

I don't see the coupon, can you post a link plz?

http://www.petco.com/Content/ContentNoNav.aspx?PC=getfitsearch&cm_ven=getfitcampaign&cm_cat=SF&cm_pla=search_petstorecoupons&cm_ite=dog%20food%20coupon

I didn't see it when I looked at the site today, but I did a search for "dog food coupons" and it came up. This is a handy little tool that I have been using lately. Over the holidays, when shopping on the Macy's site, at checkout it asked for a promotional code, I thought to myself, shoot, I don't have one, how can I get one? Low and behold, I searched "macy's promo codes" and got one, used it and saved 20%! It doesn't always work, but give it a try when shoping mainstream stores online. ~Maria

Re: Re: Kcal in Pro Plan C& R

Thanks Maria!!