Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
yeasty ear product

I finally found a NATURAL product that does what it's suppose to do to help fight that nasty yeasty ear infection our labs our so prone to. It's called Pellitol Ointment. Within two days after using it in the dogs ears they stopped pawing at them, withing 3 days the redness has gone away. I have to say the ear canal looks so much better only after 3 days of using the Pellitol.Before using this product I made sure I cleaned the dogs ears real good the night before with either green tea or Halo herbal ear cleaner (my personal preference but i'm sure any ear cleaner will do).

Re: yeasty ear product

where do you buy it?

Re: yeasty ear product

I can not believe you have Pellitol.
I have used this for years and years only to have the company take it off the marklet. It is tar base, right? a dull beige colour and smells a bit like tar and they add something to make it smell nice? This has to be the best medication for ears on the market. It also works wonders for cuts or sores etc. It is just a healing/drying ointment. PLEASE let me know what company makes it?

Re: Re: yeasty ear product

Yup, I have Pellitol. I found it online by doing a search. But the company that I bought it from was www.aaapetmart.com. I had stumbled upon on it by accident looking for a back article in the whole dog journal.

Re: Re: Re: yeasty ear product

Yes - if you put a few sprinkles of Boric Acid in the affected ear first, then fill it with Pellitol and leave it there for a whole week the Pellitol will absorb all of the gunk in the ear. This may need to be repeated, but typically one treatment is sufficient. It stinks to high heaven, but is great stuff!