Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pineapple dosage for poop eaters

I am about to loose my mind with my Labs. I have multiable labs that all live in my home. Some are caged at night and the rest loose. The past couple weeks I have lost many nights of sleep to them waking me up asking to go outside to throw up ( because they have ate to much poop) or I hear them throwing up in my house. I have tried everything. I go out with them almost every time they go out(even though the weather is about 9 degrees here right now). But when You let out multiable dogs out at the same time and they choose to eat it out of each other's butt or thier own. you can only run after one at a time. I scream, tried redirecting them with cookies but nothing works. I am about loose it. I have Broke my carpet scrubber and am going to have to replace carpets. Any good product to clean up throw up poop??And Has ANYONE come up with the right dosage for the pinapple trick or anything else????? Please help I don't want them to be outside dogs but my husband is ready to KILL ME!!!!!

Re: pineapple dosage for poop eaters

Sorry for your problems. Someone recently posted a link to an article explaining reasons why a dog would eat poo. That may help you figure it out. I think roughly the equivalent of a tablespoon of pineapple with each meal might help.

Re: Re: pineapple dosage for poop eaters

what are you feeding them (dog food)? I have never had all of them eat it. You have got yourself a real issue. You are either going to have to place some dogs or let each one out individually. Mine don't throw it up, but rather burp at me. Sometimes they will get loose stools. What about the commercial brand stop eating poop pills? Some people have also said to try meat tenderizer, prunes, tomatoe sauce. I am very curious what brand of dog food you feed. I know of another breeder who was feeding Kirland and she had the very same issue, vomiting it all back up. Maybe it's time for a food change. Some will say it is diet...lacking or too much of something.

It just doesn't work, just don't look and no kisses are allowed.

I think if there is one bitch in the group that has had a litter and is a poop eater . Others will follow as to them looking up to her. Gross but true. I Know I have 7 that do it because of just my one girl. No one is aloud to come give kiss's NO MORE. I wish there was some product we could do to stop this Cesear said that bananna's would help but so far NOTHING> Just a whole bunch of bananna crazed labs. Ha Ha

My vet said to try meat tenderizer but make sure it has MSG in it as that is the magic ingredient.
Some brands do not have MSG.
One tsp a day.
Hope it helps.

I have about the same set up as you and I have solved the problem. Send them out in groups ONLY. Do the poop eaters first. Just enough dogs you can handle. Clean up after them. Send out the other group and repeat the same then let them all out to play.
Believe me the time spent doing this will make up for it when you can sleep all night without vomit.
Don't you think if there was a solution to this problem that person would be a millionaire by now???

"Don't you think if there was a solution to this problem that person would be a millionaire by now???"

LOL - No kidding! Not trying to be a downer, but I've tried the figs,
pineapple,etc., and the only thing that works is picking it up immediately.

Many of those solutions work for some dogs to some degree. But if you have enough dogs, there will be one hard core one that nothing will work for. If you only have a couple dogs, you should try some of those potential solutions.

For this problem I suggest giving your dogs 1 cup per day of yougurt and you should after 1 week solve this problem

Alfredo Vallejo
www.alvalley.com