Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Solid Gold Can food

For the first time I bought a can of Solid Gold Green cow, Green beef Tripe. Opened the can to add to my boys dry food, I seen something white, thought it might be some bone cartilage. Picked it out to look closer at it and was shocked to find it to be hard plastic piece of something, do not now what.

I called the Solid Gold company, they put me through to Linda there. She said she is sorry, others have called to let her/the company know and she is not surprised to hear from me another customer that has found forgein items in the food. I was upset at finding this is a so called quality can of dog food and very surprised at how they are or should I say not handling it. They are not recalling the food. Only offering a coupon for their products! I am not happy with this at all. Linda went on to tell me they have other companies can their foods and they have no ablity to make sure this will not happen. She has contacted the company that cans the food for them to let them know. What the Hell! They should have this food recalled! This was not a small piece of plastic. This would of caused a possible loss of my boy.

If someone can let me know what product control watcher/? I should contact to let them know about this, please let me know.

The number on the bottom of the can I had is 08038CL3 750101158 IF YOU ARE FEEDING THIS CHECK THE NUMBERS ON YOUR CANS.

Re: Solid Gold Can food

From what I understand SG has never been upfront about their products and where they get their ingredients.
Having said that since Oct of last year they have had 2 recalls.
First on treats and recently on a canned formula. Both were for mold.

Re: Re: Solid Gold Can food

Diamond makes solid gold kibble.

Not quite sure who makes the canned stuff for them.

Eagle canned food is made by a top notch company in Canada - very good product.

Diamond is not a top shelf producer of dry - be cautious.

Re: Solid Gold Can food

I know eagle and wellness have joined forces.