General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
majors--Garden City Ks/Columbia MO.

Looking to find out if there will be majors at either
of these shows. Good judge panel at both.]

Re: majors--Garden City Ks/Columbia MO.

Garden City judges don't seem that good unless you have a handler or a generic dog.

Won't be wasting my money on either of these shows this year. Definately paying closer attention to judges before I spend my hard earned money these days.

Good luck to you.

Re: Re: majors--Garden City Ks/Columbia MO.

Gee, what a sad dismissal of a Retriever breeder judge and several respected senior Sporting judges. I would certainly drive the 4 hours to Garden City to show under Betsy Horn Humer (Eastern Waters Chesapeakes) and the other two. I would personally love to show under them, but my body says no - so if I can find someone to take them into the ring, I will be there with a dog and a bitch. Any volunteers???

Re: majors--Garden City Ks/Columbia MO.

Maureen - Driving four hours is one thing, but 8-10 is something else entirely. Then again, some of us wouldn't show under a couple of them if it were across the street. The economy the way it is, most of us are electing to do a better job of voting with our dollars.

Re: Re: majors--Garden City Ks/Columbia MO.

Well, I would drive 8 hours for Betsy Humer - not too sure about the others I was replying to the comment that the judges were poor, not how far you, personally, had to travel and what it cost you. I will go if I can find a handler. The one I am using for some other shows will be elsewhere that weekend.