Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
another noobie question

I have never been to a dog show and don't know about all the different types of awards that are given. What does it mean when a dog wins the stud dog class? What are the qualifications a dog needs to have in order to be shown in that class?

Thanks

Re: another noobie question

You may want to go to the American Kennel Club website to gain information on breed shows and the class designations therein. www.akc.org

Re: another newbie question

He has to have produced progeny that are entered in the regular classes. Sometimes the stud dog has to be entered in regular classes, sometimes not - depends on the show.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have never been to a dog show and don't know about all the different types of awards that are given. What does it mean when a dog wins the stud dog class? What are the qualifications a dog needs to have in order to be shown in that class?

Thanks

Re: another noobie question

If you send me an email I have a wonderful graphic that our all breed kennel club developed to help new people which I am glad to share.
The one thing it does not address are the "non regular" classes such as Brood Bitch, Brace, Stud Dog and as the other poster said the AKC site is your best reference there.