Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Supplements for puppys

How many add Glyco Flex or Glucosamine to growing puppys 8 weeks on up ? Any good history that it helps anything as they grow ? Have used it before with keepers and have not used it. Could not see anything to make me feel it helped. But want to do all I can with new pup.

Re: Supplements for puppys

What do you hope to accomplish by supplementing your puppies with glucosamine?

It is a lubricant and does not prevent anything.

Save your $$

Re: Re: Supplements for puppys

We don't supplement puppies either.

I don't supplement either.

I do not supplement puppies, when I first started breeding years ago I was told to do Vit C. The Veterinarians and canine nutritionist say they do not need any supplements if you feed a balanced dog
food. In fact, they state that you can do more damage than good. Just great food, clean water and exercise and they will grow up just fine. Enjoy your puppy!

Cheers,

Kim

actually it's been proven that adding glucosamine to the diet prior to articular cartilage damage can help repair it when damage does occur. I start supplementing all my dogs at 6 months.

Please state the study, it has also been stated that it does nothing in humans. It is expensive so it would be good to know if there is actual research behind the "belief" that it is effective. I also want
to know if my pups have problems, I would not want to
breed that on. I can color my hair, doesn't change the roots.

Re: Re: Re: Supplements for puppys

Just ask for pros and cons, no big deal.