Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Charleston weather?

What are the weather reports saying in the Charleston area for the shows this weekend? Weather.com says rain both days with temps in the hi 50's low 60's. We were curious what the local news channels were saying?
Thanks, Traci

Re: Charleston weather?

That is what I am hearing from my friends down there. At least obedience is in doors there and my puppy is not ready to show. Never know what you'll get going down there this time of year--anything from warm and sunny to cold and frosty. I take clothes for either. One year I forgot my winter coat--never do that again!

You are right about the temps being in the high 50's or low 60's in the daytime, 40's at night and the chance of rain is only 30% at this point... always subject to change... will update as we know more. Considering we woke up to 25degrees this morning- I'll take 60 and a little bit of rain! :-)

Re: Re: Charleston weather?

Thanks for the information. We are leaving tomorrow morning as we always go a day early to have time to sight see a little. It was 8 above zere here this morning so we are looking forward to warmer temps. We will see you there!
Traci

I am doing my sunny dance here! I can take the cold but boy the sun sure helps!
Are the rings covered or just the area where the judges table is? Also if it rains does it drain well?
*Tosses in rain gear and high boots just in case!*
Looking forward to the Seafood Dinner! Yummy!

From what I can remember when I showed in breed there one year the judge's area is covered but the rest of the ring is not.

The rings are not covered, however, for the exhibitors, there is 1600 square feet of tented area, so there is plenty of area to stay dry. And yes, the rings drain well, so no slopping around at all! Additionally, forecast now says no rain until Sunday if at all and glorious 60 degree temps!!