Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best Day At Potomac

If you could only go for one day to Potomac....what day would that be?

Re: Best Day At Potomac

The first day, in the evening, there is the Gala - which is fun, and it gives you a chance to meet a lot of great folks!! But then it would be good to be there for the 10th for Breed!

It depends on what you want to see and do?

Friday. Winners, best in sweeps, best of breed, raffle, food.

It depends on what you would like to see/learn. If you want a ch. stud - then have to go on Friday. If you already have a stud picked out and want to see get - then go on Wed. or Thurs.. It's hard to talk to people on Friday if they are leaving that night to go home. If you want to get to talk to more people after show hours - I would go Wed or Thurs and stay late and walk around the hotel- hoping to see the people you want to talk to.

My favorite day was the last day!!

What about airports? Does anyone fly each year? We fly puppies out on a regular basis but what about flying with a dog for a show? Any best practices?
Thanks for any help this will be our first trip to Potomac!

I personally liked flying into BWI. A relatively short trip to the show site(all freeway) and good deals from the airlines.

As far as days to attend- it really depends on what you are looking for. I personally love to watch the veterans classes and go to the banquet.....just a great gathering of international people in one setting. Plus the tears just flow.

It will often times tell you the ability of the "line" to hold up over the years. Ditto for stud dog and brood bitch, where you can potentially see the "cookie cutter" progeny of either the stud dog or the brood bitch.

So, depending if you are "shopping" or not, you might just have to stay overnight....

haha

Are the entry forms available yet? If so, where can I find them? I checked the LRCP webite and I did not see any entry forms available. Thank you in advance.

I like the last day best!