Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What are the rules?

My daughter has decided that she isn't really interested in taking the dogs into the ring for me That's okay I am not comfortable with the ring either, so my neice has very happily offered to help.
She is 13 will be 14 in July, so my question is this? I know she can show in Jr's but how about other classes?

Re: What are the rules?

She can show in any class except Bred-By Exhibitor unless she's both the breeder and owner of the dog. She also can't show in the new Amateur-Owner class unless she's a listed owner of the dog. I believe if she's doing Juniors, she has to be a listed owner, so she could show in that class if so.

Good luck and have fun!

Re: What are the rules?

Thank you Patty, she'll be over here in a lil bit and will be thrilled to know she can help her "Aunt Bean"...lol

Re: Re: What are the rules?

Yep she can surely show your dogs in the regular classes, I had two jr handlers showing my dogs in the regular class and they did very very well, finished a couple for me too :}
Aloha,
jackie

Re: Re: What are the rules?

Since she is related to you, she doesn't have to be a listed owner on any of the dogs to show in Jr Handling. So she can also show in any of the regular classes that you don't have to be an owner/breeder/etc.
My niece is a much better handler than I am!!
Have fun!