Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Back to Basic

Thoughts on this food.

Re: Back to Basic

Fed the pork for many years and just loved the results with the labs and the labs loved the food. Fed puppies to the aged ones. However, when they raised their prices over a year ago, it put the food out of our budget for the # of labs we have. Tried to work it out with them to package and sell large bags in quantity for less $; but, they were unsympathetic and did not want to work with a volume bag purchaser. I understand their prices are going up yet again and they are changing their formula.

Re: Back to Basic

Yes, the formula change is supposed to occur in the next month or so. From the letter they sent - I think the new formula looks okay - we'll see how it affects the dogs. I have been using it for over 6 years and feed it for all ages. The calorie count on the old formula was 440 per cup. I asked about the new formula and they quoted me exactly the same - 440. I don't believe that they could come so close, but, again, it remains to be seen. When I first started with the chicken (6 years ago) the bags were 33# and it was about $26. retail. The bags are now 30# and the new (distributor) price will be over $40.