Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1YR OLD EATING POO

I HAVE A ONE YR OLD THAT LIKES TO EAT POO NOT HIS OWN BUT MY OTHER DOGS ANY RECOMMENDATIONS I HAVE TRIED MOST OF EVERYTHING. I HAVE HEARD IT COULD BE THE AGE AND MAY OUTGROW BUT MAYBE SOMEONE CAN TELL ME SOMETHING I HAVENT HEARD. THIS IS GROSS.

Re: 1YR OLD EATING POO

Two things you can do... don't look or pick the poop before the dog gets to it. It seems nothing else works! LOL

This is a hot topic and I think that if someone could find the cure for poop eaters they would be millionaires!!! I agree with the above poster, those are the 2 proven recommendations that do work...best wishes!

pick it up.

Re: Re: 1YR OLD EATING POO

Agreed....live with it OR pk up quickly....have tried with some success lots of "cures" over the yrs......none have truly helped

Don't forget - no sloppy face kisses!

PS - Point of style in forums... All caps is like SHOUTING. Try to type in mixed case because all caps is hard to read.

Give him 1 cup of yougurt every day and after 1 or 2 weeks he will stop eating poo.

Saludos

Alfredo Vallejo
www.alvalley.com

Pick it up before the 1 year old gets to it. They usually don't outgrow it.

I also have a 1 yr old that has started eating poo.
I make sure that I clean up the yard so she cannot get to it.
But-
Now she has started to mess in her crate overnight and then eat it!!!!!!!!!!!!
She is not barking to go out.
I find the remains of the mess in the morning!
Now what do I do????????????
I have no idea how to cure this.
The only suggestion my friend said to do is give her a teaspoon of meat tenderizer with MSG every day.
Thoughts on that?
Help!

I've been wondering and out of curiosity only,if those poop eaters are maybe just bored and do not get enough walking or training excercise. Maybe breeders that do CD...etc can answer,do you have poop eaters in your troops?Labs are playful dogs and will do anything for fun and will do anything to keep busy like ...eating poop..just a thought!!!

I have some good mamas that clean up after puppies sometimes up to 6 week old. Of course I dont complain less for me to do. BUT they will clean the yard as well and then the daughters pick up the habits.

My routine has changed, I feed everyone in the crates and leave them in there while I pick the yard up.
That way they dont watch me do it! When they use to be out with me they would be picking up at the same time!
Could not understand why I would scold them for doing such a good job cleaning.