Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eagle Pack Food

On Eagle Pack's food description, they claim it will increase a dog's sperm count and bring a female into season? Why would that be? Because of the high protein or high fat content? I just don't understand how a food could affect a reproductive cycle or sperm count in a male.

Re: Eagle Pack Food

Anyone know?

Re: Re: Eagle Pack Food

I have fed Eagle since 1989 - that phrase has been on the bag of Power formula since then - probably longer.

It seems like a good thing to say when talking about stressed dogs. More protein and fat is indeed more calories hence more nurishment for studs and brood bitches.

but - who knows -

Call them and ask. You'll get to talk to their vet and/or their nutritionist. It's the only company that you can get past reception with!

I expect that statement comes for exactly what the preious poster said. Though, if I remember right, in order to have made that statement, according to law, they have to have data to back it up.

Sue Puff

Re: Re: Eagle Pack Food

Did you see that eagle pack is now listed under "Wellpet" along with Wellness products and, that the nutritionist that you used to be able to contact, John Marsmann is no longer listed as a contact? I have e/m to see if the company sold out.
I don't know if any of the formulas have changed but my girls stopped eating the holistic chicken out of the blue-now the search begins for a new product...

It is my understanding that Eagle Pack was sold about a year ago.

Eagle Pack and Wellness are now owned by the same company I believe. As the rep put it to me they are "one and the same".