Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NDR - TV converter box

I ordered two converter box coupons back in the fall, but have since sold one of the TVs. I have a coupon if anyone needs one and hasn't already ordered it. I understand the program has run out of money to fund more coupons, so hate to see this one go to waste. Email privately, please.

Re: NDR - TV converter box

It is taken already.... .took about 2 minutes!

That was very nice of you to share it for free Maureen. Those boxes cost alot. Around 75 buckerooni's.

Re: Re: NDR - TV converter box

Hey, it was free to me and would go to waste if nobody used it. I got an RCA box from Wal-Mart for $50 ($10 after the coupon), but haven't connected it to my office TV yet. I hope it works as well as the reviews said. The Magnavox they sell did not get good reviews. Just a word to the wise for those who haven't purchased one yet.

Re: Re: Re: NDR - TV converter box

Make sure you check for an expiration date as many of these are dated. Also the date for the change has been changed to June 12 which gives everyone not yet ready a bit more time. June 12 is the drop dead date and there will be no more extensions after that.

Re: Re: Re: Re: NDR - TV converter box

I knew they were talking about an extension. I'm sorry to see it happen. It will cost many, many corporations that are ready to change over BILLIONS of dollars. Sad.

What???? Where did THIS come from?????
---------------------------------
"I knew they were talking about an extension. I'm sorry to see it happen. It will cost many, many corporations that are ready to change over BILLIONS of dollars."

It came from Godivalabs saying that the expry date had been extended to June 12.

Did you read all the posts on this subject "Living in the Past" or did you just see it as an opportunity to yet again attack Maureen?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

What???? Where did THIS come from?????
---------------------------------
"I knew they were talking about an extension. I'm sorry to see it happen. It will cost many, many corporations that are ready to change over BILLIONS of dollars."

FINAL UPDATE NDR - TV converter box

Here is the latest in the ongoing debate on the digital TV transition - - - - -

It looks like the February 17th transition date for the analog-to-digital switch will remain in place. The U.S. House of Representatives failed to achieve a two-thirds majority in their vote to delay the transition to June 12th. (It was passed by the Senate.) This means that if current conversion trends continue, somewhere between three to five million households will lose their television reception come February 17th.

Sooooo If you still have analog and haven't gotten your converter box you will lose your TV reception in a couple of weeks.

Re: FINAL UPDATE NDR - TV converter box

Thanks for the update. I know there are issues on both sides of this problem, but many companies had invested a HUGE amount into meeting the government deadline. It really doesn't seem fair that they should suffer more losses because users haven't tried to meet that same deadline. I'm glad I got mine and passed the coupon along so someone else can do the same.

This only applies if you don't have cable, DSL, or satellite service. Also, next week the bill will be presented under rules that do not require a 2/3 vote to pass, so it's going to happen one way or the other. Imagine that - majority rule?

My comment about "where did that come from" was the remark about it costing many, many companies BILLIONS of dollars if this is delayed. And I would still like to know the source of that comment.

You may have to READ the news to find the references not always mentioned in the "sound bite" TV reports.

Digital transition delay would cost PBS $22M

Delay in switch to digital TV is a costly idea

Delay In Conversion To Digital TV Could Cost Jobs