Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cloned Labrador on the Today show

Did anyone see the story on the Today show this morning about the cloned yellow lab, Sir Lancelot Encore? Appears to be a wealthy couple that paid $150,000 to clone their beloved pet. Cute little puppy. You can watch a clip of it on the Today show website. Intersting.....

Re: Cloned Labrador on the Today show

http://www.miamiherald.com:80/news/top-stories/story/873799.html

This is what "Breeder" posted yesterday.

Very cute!

Re: Re: Cloned Labrador on the Today show

if i had the money i would have cloned some of my labs from the past i miss them terribily

See the "Does anyone have a extra $155,000.00????" string below...

Putting it together, and googling, they own a Chambray dog too :)

wait a minute

http://www.chambraylabradors.com/Lance.htm

Not the same dog.

$155k is a drop in the bucket. This is going to be very interesting as technology goes forward. Who wouldn't love to have a clone of Arnold or Drifter or other top labradors we have admired?

The posibilities are bizarre and the moral aspects will be debated for years and years to come.

Freak show

I think once you get beyond the macabre idea that the dog will suddenly turn into a monster, and you come back to reality, you realize it's make up is exactly the same as all puppies. No difference. The dog wasnt grown in a lab like you see in sci-fi movies, but grew from an egg in a surrogate bitch just as all dogs do.

The only problem is what to put on its pedigree papers.

No freakier than using frozen semen from a dog that has been dead for 20 years. We didn't have shipped semen 20 years ago and now, almost no one ships the bitch. That's called progress.

No freakier than using frozen semen from a dog that has been dead for 20 years.

Anon 2- How can you even compare the two? Using semen from a dog frozen or not isn't the same as making a clone. With the semen you are still breeding a litter in the form of a natural way and not making a copy.

Well to me, it seems a little bizarre thinking that something dead can produce something alive. Different strokes for different folks.

Did anyone else notice a zipper on the puppy that wasn't visible on the adult Lancelot?

I wonder what kind of proof they have that this dog is their previous dog's clone.

Yes, I was looking to see if the adult Lancelot had a zipper like the pup but didn't see one..Hummmmmmmmmmmm

Why not donate the money to lab rescue or needy families? Seems selfish and and overly glamourized to me.

I fully support these people with their decision to clone their beloved dog. If I could, I would clone mine. All is well as long as Chambray-man is not cloned!

I think you meant the *Cham*bray man.

Re: Re: Re: Cloned Labrador on the Today show

Ditto!!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I fully support these people with their decision to clone their beloved dog. If I could, I would clone mine. All is well as long as Chambray-man is not cloned!

You stand corrected. I believe you meant "Sham"bray!!

Or is it *SCAM* bray?

Wow, what a bunch of losers, I wonder what he could have done to you to deserve your contant barrages; or maybe your just a crazy *itch.

wow a bit of the green monster showing up.

Which one of you wouldn't be proud to have the first cloned puppy come from your lines?
But has it been said that this is actually a Chambray line or are we just assuming?

Enough! This is a subject that is highly controversial and there will always be some opposed to it and some in favor of it. And keep others out of it - this has already received too much national attention and we don't need to advertise for particular breeders either. Some people love attention, be it positive or negative.

I wonder what kind of proof they have that this dog is their previous dog's clone.

Maybe they bought the dog from a breeder outside of the country and said it was cloned to get all the publicity and attention.

Maybe you should get to know him and then he can do it to you too.

Replying to-

I wonder what he could have done to you to deserve your contant barrages

Funny, ive known him for two years. Hes been nothing but nice to me, and ive witnessed him being nice to many others as well. Its just unfortunate for him that he ran into you, cause you sure are determined; but I think its time for you to get over it.

Maybe you are just to stupid and you can't see through all the bull...

I'm sorry these posts degenerate into name calling, but maybe you're too stupid to understand what this means:

"This is a public Forum, and as such no disparaging remarks about other breeders and/or dogs will be tolerated. Any such inappropriate posts will be promptly removed and the offending poster will be banned from any further postings. There will be no other warnings regarding this rule, so use some common sense in your posts."

This thread is not about a particular breeder and how some posters want to make it into that just shows you can't leave well enough alone. Whatever issues you have don't need to constantly be aired like dirty laundry on this forum. Get over yourselves and go play with your dogs.

you must be forum patrol or maybe just one of his clones -

you need to get over the man already, get on with your life. this is not a healthy obsession you have with him. the rest of the world is tired of seeing your childish tantrums, enough is enough!

I 2nd that emotion

For what it's worth, the Humane Society of WPB was interviewed yesterday and they reported that the same family has donated over $360,000 to their animal rescue in recent years!!!!

Don't bother answering those post, it's the same person over and over again using different names.
Someone with a hissy fit, that's all!

There are a couple of sick, love starved puppies down here, they can't join in, they can't beat em, so they rant and rave on this forum. Get over the guy!

"they can't beat em"

Can't beat who?

Hmmmm. Sounds like Jonestown to me.

Replying to:

you must be forum patrol or maybe just one of his clones -

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cloned Labrador on the Today show

Yes, they usually sit next to him and fawn over his every move.

Replying to:

There are a couple of sick, love starved puppies down here, they can't join in, they can't beat em, so they rant and rave on this forum. Get over the guy!