Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greenies Smart Biscuits

My terrific neighbor always gives my Labs treats for Christmas. This year we received the Greeies Smart Biscuits. Before feeding them I thought I would check here to see if there is anything I should consider before doing so. They have chlorophyll in them. Feedback appreicated! ~Maria

Re: Greenies Smart Biscuits

I heard that a lot of dogs have choked to death on those Greenies. I wouldn't use them for the same reason I don't give my dog rawhide chews. Too easy for choking to occur.

I am not sure what the smart biscuits are but I do know that the regular greenies are not good for Labradors. My daughter is a Vet tech and has told me about several surgeries that she has been in on to remove the greenie from the intestines. Most Labradors do not chew their treats and basically swallow them whole or in large chunks....the greenie does not break down once it is in the intestines and can cause a blockage......I tell all of my puppy people to stay away from them. I know that the company makes all sorts of treats....some are okay but not the original type which is very hard (they claim that they clean teeth) !!

Thanks for your replys! I really didn't want to feed them and you helped me know that even in this economy it is not worth it to feed my dogs crap. They have no breath problems and don't seem much like a treat anyway. Petsmart took them without a receipt and I got something with more an WOW and within their diet.