Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Color Preference?

We have three beautiful colors in our breed (with the variation of Fox Red within Yellow of course).

Do you have a bias toward one color? There are so many exceptional girls and boys out there, but at the end of the day, I just love black - can't shake it.

Anyone else have a secret preference?

Re: Color Preference?

I love all three colors but i have a soft spot for yellows !!!Sometimes you meet a Lab wether it's yellow or black or chocolate and you fall in love with it's sweetness so really in my case it goes with the memories.We had a black Lab named Coda and he actually purred like a cat he was so wonderfull...

I love all three colors too, but definately have a sweet spot for chocolate.

I prefer the darker coats and am especially partial to the dark chocolates. The color is so rich and beautiful. I also love those gorgeous blacks.

Yellow and black here, can't decide which I like better.

Not so secret - I just love the "brownies"!
That being said, I am not limiting myself to Chocolates when I add amy next labbie. It will be hard but I will be looking at great breeding whatever the color.

Re: Re: Color Preference?

I love yellows and the lighter the better. I guess some are calling them "white" now. And with a super black nose.

I must say a nice Black boy or a Good Yellow Girl

Re: Re: Re: Color Preference?

nothing against the nice choclates either since I do have all 3 colors!

Black, Dark Chocolate & then Yellow but disposition seals the deal regardless of color!

Love my yellows dark, the darker the better (yes fox reds too). But i also love the classic look of a nice black lab. Chocolates are my third choice and I prefer very dark chocolate

Give me a gorgeous black any day :-) I love the chocolates too but am not too crazy about coat textures on the yellows - many are very soft.

Black all the way. What was it Henry Ford said?

but yellows run 2nd

"The Customer Can Have Any Color He Wants So Long As It's Black" haha

I love a Very Dark Black. lol

There are three colors ? I was thinking chocolate, chocolate and chocolate. But there is nothing as pretty as a beautiful black. JMHO

mmmmmm I thought there was only 1 color.....
CHOCOLATE OF COURSE............!!!!! Candy Bar chocolate shade to Dark Chocolate.......

Black and it is no secret!

chocolate and blacks, love those chocolate kisses!

I like the yellows the best.

Looks like there is lots of love for Chocolate! I am sure that is why there are some really nice brown get being produced right now. People are passionate and that's a good thing!