Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ProPlan

Just got an e-mail from Purina about the re-introduction of Purina Pro Plan Chicken and Rice. It will be labled as an All-Life Stages formula and be placed next to the Performance Formula. It will be in a 37.5 lb bag and Purina states that it is the exact same formula as before.

Re: ProPlan

Is Purina also going to lower the price back down where it was? I think most have gone to other foods and are happier with the results we have now. Purina shouldnt have tried to rip everyone off by raising the price, lowering the amount of food per bag, adding soy and cheap fillers so the calories are less per cup and you have to feed more. No way Im going back. Im happy with Exceed lamb and rice 44 lbs for $24, Exceed C&R 44# for $26

Re: Re: ProPlan

I'm not returning either. I'm happy with EVO, Taste of the Wild and Adult Innova.

interseting, now it's "all life stages" and before it was "adult" - just goes to prove it doesn't always mean something IS something it SAYS it is...
Glad I switched to Exceed...

I made the switch to Eukanuba. NO matter what, no going back to Purina!

I don't even use much Pro Plan - but I have no sympathy for the company - considering the way they thought that everyone would just fall in line and use the new product. What were they thinking?

At least Purina was upfront with the formula changes - however ill-advised! - and listened to complaints. My dogs got sick after Innova adult changed their formula, and even the Natura rep (through no fault of his own) wasn't told anything other than pumpkin had changed. For some, the addition of flaxseed was a problem

The Pro Plan C&R has always been labelled "all-life-stages". It just means it's proven as a growth and reproduction food.

Purina is a selfish company that wants to take advantage of their customers. If they were a decent company they wouldnt have ripped us off like they did.

Remember back when Coke switched formulas, they didnt raise the price AND make the cans smaller AND use cheap fillers. We went back to Coke being they didnt try ripping us off. UNLIKE

Purina! GO Purina and take advantage of your customers. Lets all show Purina they cnat get away with this thievery. It would be great if everyone of us bans Purina and educates all our puppy buyers about Purina also.

The Performance has yes but not the regular C&R, that always said Adult right at the bottom.

I will continue to use ProPlan. I love the Salmon formula and my dog's do great on it. I am sure there are still thousands of dedicated users. Of those of you that switched, that's what free enterprise and choice is all about.

Re: Re: Re: ProPlan

I am one of those dedicated users too. I have been using the SS&S formula also. I have never gotten the results that I do on any other brand.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I will continue to use ProPlan. I love the Salmon formula and my dog's do great on it. I am sure there are still thousands of dedicated users. Of those of you that switched, that's what free enterprise and choice is all about.

Re: Re: Re: Re: ProPlan

Just curious - when did Innova Adult change the formula. I have been using it for about 1 year and haven't noticed anything

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ProPlan

Seems silly to call Purina a "selfish company" when all companies need to be profitable to survive. The fact that they listend to us and are bringing the original formula back says a lot for the company--many other companies would have ignored the complaints.

I will continue to use ProPlan because my dogs do well on it. Currently feeding Performance across the board, mixing the last of my orignal adult in for the older dogs. I will go back to the adult for the older dogs and keep the younger dogs on Performance.

MK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ProPlan

I was using PP L&R, switched over to the SS&S (when the shredded blends came out)-since doing so my dogs stink! They smell just like the open bag of food-like fish (sigh) Also, they are having bigger more frequent stools-I am unhappy with this formula-will have to start researching new foods.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ProPlan

They might need to be profitable and that is understandable BUT they were also sneaky when they not only upped the price of the food which you KNOW about BUT they also reduced the size of the bags and charged more for it without anything written on the bag that said NEW size, I had bought 10 bags before I knew I was getting less for more money.

Now for those of you feeding the EXCEED dog food, just remember you are still supporting the Purina company as they are the ones that make that food, for me I have no problem with that as i'm getting my money worth for a good food.
Aloha,
jackie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Seems silly to call Purina a "selfish company" when all companies need to be profitable to survive. The fact that they listend to us and are bringing the original formula back says a lot for the company--many other companies would have ignored the complaints.

I will continue to use ProPlan because my dogs do well on it. Currently feeding Performance across the board, mixing the last of my orignal adult in for the older dogs. I will go back to the adult for the older dogs and keep the younger dogs on Performance.

MK