Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Full bellies

My 2 puppies 11 weeks and 13 weeks just got into a bag of puppy food. Their bellyies are FULL and hard is there anything I should do?

Re: Full bellies

Make them poop! And keep a close eye on them of course

News paper, Clorox Clean Up, and Paper towels. Ur best option.

Good Luck

I would recommend you matching your puppies. Meaning stick a match up their butt :)

You dont want bloat.

We had this happen to us a couple of years ago with a couple of adults. The vet told us to give them measured water every few hours to help move the food along. I would have instinctively stopped giving them water so that the food would not swell, so I was surprised that water was indicated. Best to call the vet or animal hospital to confirm.

Re: Re: Full bellies

Had this happen before. We gave the little piggies some Hydrogen Peroxide shortly after they ate themselves sick, and made them barf it up. That way we avoided any concern for bloat or blockage.

Re: Re: Re: Full bellies

That is what my vet recommended as well. Why push it through the system and pray they don't have a problem when you can just remove it to begin with?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Had this happen before. We gave the little piggies some Hydrogen Peroxide shortly after they ate themselves sick, and made them barf it up. That way we avoided any concern for bloat or blockage.

I was told that you need to catch them a half hour after eating to use the hydrogen per. After that - it's wait and watch.

How are the pups this a.m.????

Re: Re: Full bellies

Goodmorning;

Puppies are doing good this morning. 1 boy's poop is back to normal the other guys still is cow paddy but he is ok too. I was up every 2 hours checking on them. A long night.

Thanks

Glad to hear the good news & hopefully you can catch a nap today!