Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NLR-Working From Home

I'd like to make some extra money and see that there are a multitude of "work at home" computer based jobs, ie administrative, typing, etc. Does anyone do this kind of work? It always seems to me that many of these jobs seem to be scams and don't want to waste my time if these are not legit.

Re: NLR-Working From Home

They are scams. About the only thing I've heard of people doing from home and making a few $$ is to buy large amounts of goods (like a pallet of purses, vacuums, etc...), then selling on eBay individually. Sounds like a lot of work to me for a little bit of money, but I do personally know of someone doing it for a profit.

I sell on Ebay! I just look around the house and see what I don't need anymore. I have alot of my childrens clothes that are like new and been selling them and some Coach handbags that I don't use. You can even print your shipping label right from home and my mailman will take my packages if I put them in a shopping bag. It's worth a try

I used to work from home as a medical transcriptionist. I haven't worked in 10 years, but it was a great job while my children were growing up. I got paid by the line, was a very fast typist, and usually tried to do two things at once - such as rewinding a tape while proofreading. At the time I quit I was making about $35.00 per hour, on average.

Things have changed in the profession in the last several years - I don't know if the opportunities are as good as they used to be, but this is definitely worth checking out.

Re: Re: NLR-Working From Home

Check out Alpine Access (only can work for them if it is SILENT in the background...seriously, no noise is tolerated) or ChaCha

I am a medical transcriptionist. I currently work in a doctor's office but can work at home. It is an interesting job. You have to be able to type fast and accurately and you have to have a fairly good grasp of medical terminology. You get paid by the line and the pay is good. The system I currently use is all electronic. You pick up the doc's dictation from a pool and type it. It goes to a central location where the doctor can edit and sign electronically. No tapes involved. You listen to the doctor through your computer speakers. You have to have high speed. Certainly would be worth looking into

I make things and sell them at the dog shows or through the internet. I do the braided kangaroo show leads, crystal jewelry, and leather show leads and braid nylon chokes.
Aloha,
Jackie

I have been looking into this but it seems you need a degree which takes 8-10 months to obtain?

I am a medical transcriptionist. Being doing it for 29 years. I work for a national company. I've been with my company for 12 years. I make a decent wage, but medical transcription is something I cannot recommend to newbies. A lot of places are going to voice recognition and are paying half that of a typed line. Unless you can get work in a doctor's office, find some other line of work. A lot of hospitals don't have in-house departments, they outsource to national companies like the one I work for. If a hospital still has an in-house department, finding one who will take a newbie will be tough. Also some of the national companies send work overseas.