Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Puppy Tunnels and Hoops

On several websites I see tunnels for puppies to run through. These are safe to keep outside. Mine is not, it can be chewed and cannot handle the elements. Can you folks tell me where you get your puppy tunnels and how you secure them so they don't roll with the puppy? Also, I'm thinking of a hoop to attach to the fence, a smaller one but like a hula hoop just a couple inches off the ground for them to jump through. I have a cardboard one, but needless to say it doesn't last long. Appreciate responses to what you all use, thanks.

Re: Puppy Tunnels and Hoops

I buy my tunnels at target, in the kids outdoor section, fun animal prints. Around $20 or if you buy them at the end of season, about $10.

I don't tack them down, I let the puppies tumble around, I don't think they can get banged up in the tunnels! But if I did, a tent peg would do the trick.

www.ntiglobal.com - free shipping- high quality, safe tunnels. I wouldnt leave them outside year round. Guess it depends where you live.You dont want them to get damaged ( slight rip or a wire coming loose) it could make for an injury :(
Tunnelbags.com - expensive but worth it, so the tunnels dont rock & make pups tumble. You can even make bags out of camping water jugs, fill them with sand and hang on ends.
Even if its "just for fun" I like to keep things very safe.

http://www.pageweb.com/cgi-sys4/pupsrus/ezshop/store/agora.cgi?cart_id=7713036.22645*zK5Sl4&product=Play-Equipment

I buy the kitty tunnels at Fleet Farm for $6.00. I can tie them to the edge of my x-pens and the puppies have a ball darting in and out of tunnel and popping their heads out of the holes. Usually if I cant find a puppy it is sleeping in the kitty tunnel. I also go to Goodwill and yard sales to find little tykes and fischer price toys that are like agility equipment for them. If you go to my website, there are pics in my 5 week litter slide show that shows all my puppy stuff and I got it all at good will and yard sales, except the kitty tunnel.