Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Apple Sporting Society

I was just checking for the judging program for Big Apple. I have never seen ring times like this! The last class has a 9:30 PM ringtime!! Group judging probably won't begin until at least 10 PM! It almost makes you pray you don't win the breed!

http://www.raudogshows.com/jp/February/BASS09.htm

Re: Big Apple Sporting Society

I bet the 9:30 is A.M. But what about 6:15? Surely that can't be in the morning.

Holy cow! I found it and it does say the Sussex Spaniels are on at 9:30 P.M. Could it be a typo? Sure hope so. How many people would stay that late? There could be a lot of dogs absent from group judging.

Re: Re: Big Apple Sporting Society

No, not a typo. I thought so too, so I emailed Rau, and they said that is what it is! I have never seen a show go so late!

Given that most of the dogs in the group will be handled by pros, the vast majority of 'em will stay. This is, I think, a prestigious win, so I don't see too many dogs leaving after they win the breed even if they're B-O-H.

Eukanuba show Groups were late at 10:30pm.
I got a call from my friend at midnight and she had just finished.

Judging starts at Noon.
I wanted to go, but now I don't see how I can. I need to be home dinner time to feed dogs and puppies.
:o( Bummer!

2 nights in a hotel and 2.5 days off from work.

Are you entered? How far are you coming from? Why 2 nights in a hotel for 1:00 judging and a one day show?