Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Results, Pawsitive ID

Do you just go back to the web page to print out your results or do they send you something ? Also, where does it show color ? Thanks in advance

Re: Results, Pawsitive ID

They should be sending you a certificate, at least that's what they did when the lab was in the US, the colors are listed on the certificate also along with the results of all the other tests they run.
Aloha,
Jackie

Re: Re: Results, Pawsitive ID

Okay, Jackie am dumb. I see the results of 30 some test on line there. But still do not see anything that tells me color. Do you remember how it is listed on there. Going to look again. Maybe there is a third page am missing.

Re: Re: Re: Results, Pawsitive ID

I've never seen the results online so can't tell you how it is listed there, I only have my certificates from when I tested some dogs when they were doing it in the US.
Aloha,

Jackie

Re: Re: Re: Results, Pawsitive ID

They are having problems with downloads and I was told by them yesterday, they hope to get the coat colors online on Monday. This was the first time for downloads from The Bahamas Lab. They are running into a few problems.

I wasn't completely sure that the company did run from the US to avoid the legal problems but Jackie's post confirmed it.

I'm definitely avoiding this company now.

Well then YOU LOSE!
I will be using them myself.
They have a very reasonable rate and much more included in their test!

If the tests are accurate.

And why wouldn't they be?
It is the same test method as Optigen so if you beliebe Optigen is accurate, then so is Pawsitive ID!

I believe that hte tests are accurate I sent them 3 tests in december that I had already had done by optigen. I did it more for a confirmation test, because I have a pra/prcd normal, a carrier and an affected the results were exactly the same.

First of all I never said that they ran from the US to avoid legal problems, don't put words into my mouth.

Secondly, your loss if you don't use them as I had several I did with them that already had optigen results and the results were IDENTICAL.
Aloha,
jackie

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I wasn't completely sure that the company did run from the US to avoid the legal problems but Jackie's post confirmed it.

I'm definitely avoiding this company now.

Yep, did that when Healthgene took the test as well. The first few matched then there were discrepancies. Maybe the ones who aren't matching aren't on this list.

Or maybe people aren't double testing their dogs and they will never know if they are inaccurate.

Hmmmm.... I wonder how long it will be until they are testing for EIC. Will it be a reputable test if they do it?

The EIC test isn't a reputable test yet so what does it matter if Pawsitive ID does it, still won't change the fact that they haven't found the actual gene.

With as many people that have double tested their dogs using the optigen and Pawsitive ID for the prcd that got identical results I would think that if the test isn't accurate for that someone would have come up with false results AND optigen wouldn't be trying to stop them if it wasn't the SAME test as they are using.
Aloha,
Jackie

Optigen stopped Healthgene.

If someone DID have a different result and posted it how would you guys handle it?

I mean would you tar and feather or sit back and think?

would have to prove it first, to many head hunters out there.