Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any news from Wildwood, NJ

Re: Any news from Wildwood, NJ

I don't know who won today, but yesterday had this by one of the dogs, 2/1WH What does that mean????

http://www.infodog.com/RESULTS/2009153901/200915390113200.HTM

http://www.infodog.com/RESULTS/2009153902/200915390213200.HTM

Re: Re: Any news from Wildwood, NJ

BOB Ch Gleneries Great Hunter Orion
WB/BOW/BOS Beachbrooks Andromeda

Trying to find out who won WD and the reserves, will post it if I find out.

Michele

That is Olga Evelyn. Somebody should tell that woman that labs come in more than just yellow. If you have anything but yellow, you better leave your dogs at home. I believe one time she gave a black WB.

2/1WH 50 STARTOP'S MAKIN WAVES AT CANDYHEART. SR 41126201. 02-02-07
By Beulahlands By George STR QST - Shadowdales Little Keepsake.
Owner: Freya Grover., Greentown, PA 184264401. Breeder: Jen Harmon.

That means the judge gave a 2-nd place ribbon as they didn't feel the dog deserved a 1-st place ribbon for a reason. Only the judge would know why.

I looked it up and it says with held ribbon?? So, how could she get a 2nd place ribbon?
2ND WITHHELD that is what the codes mean on the top of the page. If the dog acted up they would excuse the dog, so does this mean lack of breed type????

It really wasn't necessary for you to post that. The question was answered without posting any names.

Re: Re: Re: Any news from Wildwood, NJ

It say 2/1WH . That means the dog got second, and first place was withheld. That judge is a pain in the butt, and I would never give her an entry. Who knows why she would have done that.

I love that the name was posted. Makes me giggle.

Just hope it never happens to you. And if it does, hope that people are more compassionate than you are.

Oh yes, that was sooooo funny.
Whatever floats your boat people, get a grip!

You do realize that the judge could have EXCUSED the dog, which is far worse, don't you????

The 1st place ribbon was witheld because the judge didn't feel she should go on to the next level, but at the same time was in no way excusable from the ring. She did not act up, but was a bit nervous and didn't show as well as she could have.

To my understanding, that same judge saw her in the ring today and said she looked a lot better, and had she shown that way yesterday, she would have recieved the first place ribbon.

Now, the reason the judge didn't feel she should move on to the next level was because she wan't very outgoing. The was her very first time in the ring, and just before going in, she was scared by a big floor cleaner that came up on her. Being her first time at a show, it was all just a lot for her. Not a big deal. If however, there are those that wish to make a mountain out of molehill, I can't stop you. I personaly do not care what others think. I know this dog, and she's delightful. She needs more ring experience and she'll do just fine.

Thanks,

"It say 2/1WH . That means the dog got second, and first place was withheld. That judge is a pain in the butt, and I would never give her an entry. Who knows why she would have done that."

It is at the judges discretion. She obviously didn't think that this dog is of championship quality and did not deserve a blue ribbon. I personally wish more judges would do that. If they did, some of these breeders might catch a clue.

Most judges would have excused the dog! I have never seen this in the labrador ring, 2/1WH!!!! I have however seen this in other breeds and it is usually because of lack of breed type!!! Yes, more judges should excuse dog they feel are not Championship quality! However this poor dog doesn't know what happened, this is a ego thing for everyone, I feel sorry for the dog this happened to!!

So now you know what the judge was thinking?
Did you speak to her???
I doubt it.
As for "catching a clue" I would think never winning a point anywhere would be an eye opener, don't you?
That is why we show isn't it? To get the opinion of MANY judges? Not just one, on one day?

"It is at the judges discretion. She obviously didn't think that this dog is of championship quality and did not deserve a blue ribbon. I personally wish more judges would do that. If they did, some of these breeders might catch a clue."

I agree that when you assume that the judge didn't think the dog was "championship quality" you are jumping to conclusions and putting words in the judges mouth. Let's keep an open mind. Bottom line, the dog lack experience and didn't show well. Who cares? It wasn't your dog? I'm over it, how 'bout you?

If the judge thought it was lack of breed type, she would have EXCUSED this dog or DISQUALIFIED the dog.
She obviously didn't and it's a shame CERTAIN people on this forum feel the need to single out and point fingers.
Shame on you!

Who has never won a point anywere??? What do you mean by that? No, this dog hasn't won a point, didn't even win a first place in a class of one? Maybe she won today?? Maybe she just isn't going to be a show dog?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Any news from Wildwood, NJ

Here is a list of other notations that are far worse that DIDN't get used

JUDG ALL OTHERS - REFER TO JDGS BK
DISQ DISQUALIFICATION
EXCU EXCUSED
RAAH ATTEMPTED TO ATTACK HANDLER/EXHIBITOR (DISQ)
RAAJ ATTEMPTED TP ATTACK JUDGE (DISQ)
RAAS ATTEMPTED TO ATTACK STEWARD (DISQ)
RADR ATTACKED DOG IN THE RING (EXCU)
RAHE ATTACKED HANDLER/EXHIBITOR (DISQ)
RAJ ATTACKED JUDGE (DISQ)
RAS ATTACKED STEWARD (DISQ)
RTJ THREATENED JUDGE IN RING (EXCU)
SMO MEASURED OUT (DISQ)
SNWS UNWORTHY SPECIMEN (DISQ)
SOS OVERSHOT (DISQ)
SUB UNACCEPTABLE BITE (DISQ)
SUS UNDERSHOT (DISQ)

She got second today out of two in the class. Everyone who was there and saw here, thought she showed better today than yesterday. We now have some experience and feedback, and know where we stand and what needs work. That's the whole point. We're not giving up on her :)

Back to news from Wildwood, NJ

My connection says that WD today was Millmars Constant Motion

Congratulations to all that did well, my connection could not remember the reserve winners, sorry.

Michele

I wouldn't think she had if this was her first show!
Duh?
The statement was a general statement.
For those showing dogs on a consistant basis and they never win, or come close to it.
There are plenty out there.
But WHO CARES!???
Isn't this supposed to be FUN SPORT?
A hobby????
Or is it all about pointing fingers, making fun of people and their dogs and showing what kind of human being you really are??
For some, I guess it is

The question I believe is what does 2/1WH means, it isn't everyday you see this in show results. If you feel the need to protect and nurture this person or whatever, fine, nobody said anything about a "person", you did. We were talking about the what the meaning of this was. Not all of us know what this means.
We can all make our own decisions of how we feel about the topic at hand So, Shame on you for saying we need to single out and point fingers!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any news from Wildwood, NJ

I think there are those that are more light hearted and just try to have fun, and then there are those that are very serious and competative. To each their own. As long as I'm doing my best, having a good time, and learning as I go that's all I need. Some are winners and some aren't. Time will tell. Those that aren't winers in the ring, still make excellent pets and we don't love 'em any less!

One final note on the subject before it gets beaten to death...

For me, it was a learning experience, and I for one am grateful for the judge's honesty. I'm not at all embarassed for myself, my dog, or anyone else. She was entered for a fair evualtion, and that's what she got. The only thing I regret is that she was startled by the damn floor cleaner right before entering the ring at her first show, but stuff happens. We learned, and we moved on. And if nothing else, many people on this forum, inlcuding myself, learned what 2/1WH means!

Yes, floor cleaners can be murder on a dog that isn't experienced. All type of stuff, like bleachers, flaps on tents, you just never know what they are thinking that day!!! You just wish you knew what the dogs were thinking from day to day Well, keep the dog out there, make you own conclusions, as long as you are learning, you can only get better with what you are doing

Um excuse me but the dog was singled out, names posted and chuckles from the peanut gallery were posted.

It has already been explained, by the OWNEr of the dog, that 1st place was with held and a 2nd place ribbon given to the dog.
She nicely explained what happened and that is that.
Get on with your lives.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

The question I believe is what does 2/1WH means, it isn't everyday you see this in show results. If you feel the need to protect and nurture this person or whatever, fine, nobody said anything about a "person", you did. We were talking about the what the meaning of this was. Not all of us know what this means.
We can all make our own decisions of how we feel about the topic at hand So, Shame on you for saying we need to single out and point fingers!!

AMEN!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Yes, floor cleaners can be murder on a dog that isn't experienced. All type of stuff, like bleachers, flaps on tents, you just never know what they are thinking that day!!! You just wish you knew what the dogs were thinking from day to day Well, keep the dog out there, make you own conclusions, as long as you are learning, you can only get better with what you are doing

Glad you all got your jollies at the expense of someone elses feelings today.
Feel good about yourselves?

Some people need to find fault with others in order to make their lives complete. I feel very sad for those people. They must have very miserable lives.

I hope that the targets of all the bashing threads have thick shells. It happens way too often and it's disgraceful.

Hang in there, not everyone in the dog show world is as mean as it appears on this forum at times!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any news from Wildwood, NJ

Oh, well, they never said this sport was for the faint of heart If you can't take the heat in the kitchen, then get out!!! Can't help the peanut gallery, they are what they are!!!

Talk about adding fuel to the flame, just drop your remarks too!!! Who cares, everyone is intitled to their opinion, that is why we live in the US!!!
This isn't kindergarden and little kids get their feelings hurt, this is the real world and reality!
People say what they feel, this will never change, here on the forum or anywere! Until they pass a ammendment that nobody can voice their opinion, then I guess your out of Luck!!!

Sad how our wonderful, loving breed is represented by attitudes like these

No, like yours, you just will not quit!!! Leave it alone, the last word isn't always the "Best Word"!!!
LEAVE IT!!!!!

I am so sorry that there are a few here who have been very rude to you about this situation. Most people would not think of making those nasty comments to someone who had a bad experience. Just realize it is just a few rude people saying the nasty stuff. Most do not feel that way at all. Good luck with your bitch, and I hope she comes around for you.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any news from Wildwood, NJ

Thanks for your kind words. :)

I have not taken any of it personaly. How could I? Those that have been less than understanding, do not even know me well, if at all. I know you can't please everyone, and I'm not trying to.

I think, if anything, people somehow expected me to take it bad or be embarassed, but for whatever reason, I it doesn't bother me that much. Maybe it's because I don't care what some people think or maybe it's because I know this girl and I'm proud of her, dispite her first impression at a show. I know she's better than that, and sooner or later, others will see it too. And even if she never finishes, I won't hold it against her. Not every dog is a champion, but we don't know until we try :)

*One final note on the subject before it gets beaten to death...
The only thing I regret is that she was startled by the damn floor cleaner right before entering the ring at her first show, but stuff happens. *

This is the main reason I encourage people to make their pup's first experience at a show to be outdoors. Indoors can be overwhelming even for the regulars.

Sorry you had such a bad day.

I see where this judge also excused two other dogs, one being a special. I assume it was for lameness? I have never seen a special excused before. I am not interested in names of dogs, etc. just curious about why she did it?

A few people metioned that this judge is a PITA.
Wonder if they could explain?

From comments I have heard this judge make, she is clueless as to what a Labrador is supposed to be and is also just as clueless as to the job it is supposed to do. She seems to think they are supposed to perform in the ring and the field like Pointers or Setters.

Didn't anyone check out who this judge was before they entered?? Nobody did their homework? That is the first thing I look at. Who ever heard of a AKC judge being PETA-Please people!!!! Let us bash the judge, it takes away from what happened today, forget it people, it happened, who cares Next time, research your judges, that will save you a day of embarrassment

How does it take away from what happened today?? That judge judged yesterday.
And I agree, a judge, PETA?? Come on...

pita: acronym for "pain in the ass"

I read that as PETA, people against something or another animals...Am I right?

This isn't kindergarden and little kids get their feelings hurt

Could have fooled me! Candyheart, the losers are the people posting negative comments on this forum, not your dog.

This judge does not deserve an entry from anyone. Unless your dog is yellow, she will barely take notice. I heard her come up to a judge at a specialty that she was observing and tell him that she would not even feed the bitch he put up for winners. The judge was highly insulted, and let her know it. It was a very nice black bitch by the way. I would not support her in any way. If I went to a 3 day show and she judged the second day I would sit out that day.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any news from Wildwood, NJ

PITA is Pain in the arse
PETA is what it is

I think that there is more interest in a 4 or 5 day show like this, so it starts off with a breeder judge first day and people want to get out and show. I looked at the judging panel for the other days and decided that it wasn't worth entering. That's not to say that some people may have been enticed by the number os shows in one location.

just wondering if any news on the winners today????

I checked info-dog and the results for Boardwalk in Wild wood aren't up yet.

I notice the NJ slugs haven't crawled back out from under their rocks to criticize. Hopefully it means the dog who they tried unsuccessfully to slam did ok. Glad people saw that whole sham for what it was.

"Jersey Slugs" Don't you sound bitter??
We've all experienced our dogs doing something in the ring and this judge seemed to get alot of negative reviews that day I think more people were talking about the judge then the Labrador. If any comments seemed to be towards the dog, maybe it was really directed towards the breeder...
I heard she used to be a Jersey Girl herself

Are there any results for today, 02/01 yet?

Can you tell me why you call people from N.J. slugs? I don't think it's polite. The Mid-Jersey speciality is usually 2nd to Potomac in entries with great members. It is a very hospitable show, a pleasure to attend.

Why call residents of NJ, slugs and assume whatever happened was caused by people only from NJ? There are dogs from all over the country at the show.

Oh just DROP IT already!!

"Oh just DROP IT already!! "

You need a glass of warm milk and a good-night's sleep.

I will check the results tomorrow. Thank you for your help.

Remember you can tell someone to go #$^*& them selves and they will either love you for it or hate you for it. As I tell my children....there are people to know and people to stay away from. There are some on this site that should just be shot down from replying to any post. They seem to have some really silly questions when posting, but then are quick to jump down on others comments or questions. Love it if they could get back some of there own crap and see just how thick their skin is.
Just look at the replys and you'll figure out who they are.