Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Results definition

Does anyone know what this- 2/1WH - means in a show result? There was only one in the class. I have never seen this before.

Re: Results definition

that means second place , and that first place was withheld.

Re: Re: Results definition

No, look up at the top of the page of the show results, it means that second place or first place was withheld!!! So, that could mean what? I have seen excused, for not letting the judge go over the dog or bad bite, but never this????

Re: Re: Re: Results definition

Please see my responce is the post below. It explains what the judge did this.

:)

Re: Re: Re: Results definition

an excused dog will not count for the total numbers for the day, a dog that was with held a placement does count, but if there was only 1 in the class, it can not come back in for Winners Bitch or for Winners Dog

Re: Re: Re: Re: Results definition

There were only 2 dogs showing in Am Bred, by professional handlers, and the judge awarded them a 2nd and a 3rd place, same thing happened the next day by another judge. Eventually both dogs ended up finishing, just goes to show that anything can finish if shown enough!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Results definition

Doesn't mean it is the best dog Just shows that some handlers can finish anything

A judge may withhold a ribbon for any reason, but he or she has to explain why in the judge's book. Generally it's that the judge feels the entry(ies) are lacking in merit. Withholding a ribbon does not change the number of dogs in terms of the point count. Excusing a dog does, and a judge can excuse a dog for any reason also.

Judge withheld first place. Dog does NOT get to compete later for Winners.