Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OFA Fees & News... Part 1 & Part 2

Part 1:

Did you know that OFA had a "Kennel Rate" where dogs submitted as a group, owned/co-owned by the same person can receive a discounted submission rate? The minimum is a group of 5 dogs.

Kim and I just did a group and paid $15/study as opposed to $40 for the 24-month hip/elbow study and $35 for the preliminary hip/elbow study. It was a huge savings of $110.00!!!

Part 2:

I am happy to report that out of the 5 submitted our 2 finals game back (1) OFA Hips Excellent/Elbows Normal and (2) OFA Hips Good/Elbows Normal. Two of our prelims came back OFA Excellent/Elbows Normal and one came back OFA Good/Elbows Normal.

Needless to say we are thrilled! A BIG-TIME CONGRATS is in order to BISS CH Wiscoys Robin as all 5 of these dogs were sired by him and were out of 3 different bitches. Thanks Robin!!!

I think I will go hit the celebratory sauce!!!

Cheers!
Michael

Re: OFA Fees & News... Part 1 & Part 2

Congrats, soundness is a contribution for sure !

Congratulations Michael and Kimberly!!! Great results and Robin is obviously doing a great job passing on good orthopedics!

Michael.....Be careful talking about the sauce, remember the talk last year on here about the sauce?
These people can be... lets just say " not very nice "
Congrats on your clearances!! See ya soon!
Tammy

That is wonderful news and definitely something to celebrate. I know we wait with baited breath every single time we send in xrays to OFA and it is such a huge relief when we finally get the good news. Congratulations!