Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Victoria's Secret Pink Collection Mascots are Labradors

If you haven't heard of the PINK DOG from Victoria's Secret you have now. Labradors are their Mascot. Check out the link for the Pink Spring Break 2009
The black dogs on the beach are both Cornerstone labs & the yellow boy is a Sheabourne. It's adorable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_lWCNcTGXo&NR=1

Re: Victoria's Secret Pink Collection Mascots are Labradors

OK, had to go anon for this one, but my daughter and I love that store! We had so much fun shopping in there at the holidays, they have really done it right. Cute undies with doggies on them, great makeup and perfume, even sweats, jammies, lots of stuff with sparkles. We were commenting how smart their marketing was--a total girlie store with great sales people. I'm so pleased to see they are not only using Labs in their ads, but nice ones. They seem to just do everything right. I think we should show our support, for sure. No pun intended. ;-)

Tough job. Did the pooches get union pay?

The yellow dog fetching sticks on the beach is Charlie a Titus son.

Re: Re: Victoria's Secret Pink Collection Mascots are Labradors

Hey Laurie! Thanks for finding that!
The dogs seen on the indoor scene are Jack (CH Rosewater 24) and his gorgeous mother, Maddie. Jack's brother, Mr. Big (CH Rosewater New Yorker) and Jack's then 8 week old sons Ricky & Jackson (Rosewater Babalu & Rosewater Renegade) were at the shoot too. Different clips will be aired throughout the spring and in some of the catalogs. We have just started to get some. Yes, the pups got paid, but most of all we had great fun!

They also have a great clothing collection that includes SHOES!!

Cute idea Pink Labradors

Let's forget about the dogs and talk about the Blue and White poka dot bikini, will there be any one sporting that at potomac?

The Pink Dog logo and Labs has been VS's for more than 10 years!

Where ya'll been? LOL

Re: Re: Re: Victoria's Secret Pink Collection Mascots are Labradors

Actually the PINK line has been around only for about 5 years. I think what these people were trying to say was that their Labs were used for an ad campaign, not that this was a new thing for VS. Congratulations to them for having their dogs in the video! I'd love to get my Labs on one of those ads too.

Yep - that was it. What was really different about doing this photo shoot & video was that when I originally got the call looking for labradors they were specifically looking for BLACK SHOW labs. Quite unusual I thought. I was asked for photos of my two black dogs Bridget & Ben. They liked what they saw & asked for more photos. The next photos that I sent happened to have my yellow boy Charlie. This time they asked for more photos of him. I told them that all 3 dogs were trained & could do whatever they might want them to do. They decided to use all 3 of my guys.

When we got to the photo shoot at an exclusive resort in the Fla Keys Charlie was selected to work with the tennis girl.(You can see him in the denim miniskirt ad) They wanted the dog to do quite a few behaviors but couldn't quite figure out how to get him to do what they wanted even with a "trainer" there. After watching them for about 5 minutes struggling I approached the directors & told them that Charlie had a large vocabulary of behaviors & if they wanted him to do something all they needed to do was tell him & he would do it. They had been trying to get Charlie to jump up in unison with the girl & catch a tennis ball,backup & then sit & fetch & give, & come, etc. I gave them half a dozen single word commands & the show was on. They were amazed. The model Charlie was working with was now in love with him. I think he was in love with her too. :)

The beach scene with all 3 of my guys was pretty much the same thing. They wanted the dogs to do some behaviors & go in specific directions. This time I stayed with them. I can say for sure that my guys had a GLORIUS time running & fetching on the beach & in the ocean & playing with the girls.

That's great Laurie!! What a great story, and how much fun that must've been. You have every reason to be proud.