Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exclusive

Has anyone heard of a brand of food called Exclusive made by PMI Nutrition? Good or bad?

Re: Exclusive

Funny you should ask about this today. I was at the farm supply yesterday and as always the manager asks if he can talk to me about food. They are a Purina distributor and so I got to fill his ear on the change in formula and the shreds...poor man! Anyway interesting conversation as I told him why I feed what I do and what I am looking for, and he tells me I am not the only one and that is why he is now carrying "Exclusive" which is a Purina Mill Product thus the PMI and it is very competitive with my performance food with no soy, no corn and no wheat. I have not personally tried it but here is the web link http://www.pminutrition.com/main.html
Here it is $39 for a 30lb bag with a buy 6 get 1 free program.

Yes, timely subject!

Tired of waiting for the original ProPlan C & R formula to hit the shelves in our area. Local Petco knows nothing about it's return, nor does local Tractor Supply. Had been feeding the Performance formula, but now local Tractor Supply tells us they're not going to reorder.

Hubby brought a few bags of the Exclusive chicken based (carried by our local Agway) home the other day, so we're going to give it a try.
is not the same as Purina who makes ProPlan.

I do understand that Purina Mills is a subsidiary of Land O'Lakes and is not the same Purina that makes ProPlan. The Purina that makes ProPlan is a subsidiary of Nestle'.

Re: Re: Exclusive

we switched over to it about 6 months ago. LOVE it! great coats, pups enjoy it! very hard to find. only 1 distributor in our area. Same program buy 6 get one free. We use the lamb and rice.

I feed this food and LOVE it. $35/35 pounds. Dogs are doing great!

Looked good until I got to the corn gluten meal.

Oh well,

Re: Re: Exclusive : NO corn or soy in the Lamb/Rice

Exclusive™ Lamb & Rice Adult Formula
Fresh Lamb - Our #1 Ingredient
An ideal alternative dogs love.
We select only the highest quality ingredients, which include Fresh Lamb and Whole Grain Brown Rice, for superior nutrition that provides high palatability and digestibility. Fresh Lamb provides a diet rich in lamb protein, making it an ideal alternative to diets that use beef, pork, wheat, corn or soy as their protein sources. Feel confident you are feeding the best.
• FRESH LAMB #1 Ingredient—Never Frozen
• Omega-3 & -6 for Enhanced Immune System
• Glucosamine for Healthy Joints
• Naturally Preserved with Vitamin E
• High Digestibility, Smaller Stools
• Controlled Ash Formula for Good Health

RECOMMENDED DAILY FEEDING FOR ADULT DOGS

10 lbs. or less
1/2 to 1 cups 10 to 20 lbs.
1 to
1 1/2 cups 20 to 30 lbs.
1 1/2 to
2 cups 30 to 40 lbs.
2 to
2 1/3 cups 40 to 60 lbs.
2 1/3 to
3 cups 60 to 80 lbs.
3 to
3 3/4 cups 80 to 100 lbs.
3 3/4 to
4 1/3 cups
The above feeding directions are based on an eight-ounce measuring cup

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS:
Crude Protein, minimum 22.0% Vitamin A, minimum 15,000 IU/kg
Crude Fat, minimum 12.0% Vitamin E, minimum 100 IU/kg
Crude Fiber, maximum 3.0% Zinc, minimum 150 ppm
Moisture, maximum 10.0% Omega-6 Fatty Acids, min 1.7%*
Ash, maximum 7.0% Omega-3 Fatty Acids, min 0.3%*
Calcium (Ca), minimum 1.3% Glucosamine Hydrochloride, min 300 ppm*
Phosphorus (P), minimum 1.0% Chondroitin Sulfate, minimum 100 ppm*

*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profile.
INGREDIENTS: Lamb, lamb meal, brewers rice, whole grain brown rice, cracked pearled barley,
oatmeal, chicken fat preserved with mixed tocopherols (a form of vitamin E), dried beet pulp,
flaxseed, dried egg product, natural flavor, fish meal, potassium chloride, salt, choline chloride,
glucosamine hydrochloride, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate,
ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese
proteinate, chondroitin sulfate, manganous oxide, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement,
biotin, calcium pantothenate, manganese sulfate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine
hydrochloride (vitamin B6), vitamin B12 supplement, vitamin D supplement, folic acid.
RETURN TO EXCLUSIVE™ BRAND MAIN PAGE

I didn't check the Lamb formula - I wonder why they put corn gluten meal in the chicken formula and not the lamb.
Hmmmmmmm!