Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FWIW Nutro Natural Choice

I had not fed Nutro products in a very long time since before all the concerns about the recalls and quality control. Well I bit the bullet 3mos ago and bought a bag for one of my guys that wasn't doing well on Proplan and I have been very impressed the difference in the coat and stool volume was almost immediate. I am hoping this trend continues.

Just thought I would share in case anyone else is a little nervous about trying their products again.

Living in a very rural area gives one extremely limited choices.

Re: FWIW Nutro Natural Choice

Nutro Natural Choice wasn't in the recalled products. I've used it and gotten great results but their price has gone up considerably.

Re: Re: FWIW Nutro Natural Choice

Yes I have noticed that too I have considered trying the Max but I really need the 30/20 for my active dogs.

Re: Re: Re: FWIW Nutro Natural Choice

We used Nutro Natural Choice for a few months when PP C&R was discontinued. Our kids didn't like it as well and it wasn't as digestable. On any given day two of them, never the same two, would yak up a portion of their meal. So we are still looking.

Re: Re: Re: Re: FWIW Nutro Natural Choice

Have you tried Eagle? We had good success with that too until they stopped carrying it in my area :(

Every dog food has gone up in price when the U.S. gas prices went sky high. I don't know of a food that didn't at that time including human food. The Sam's and Costco foods went up too, the amount depends on location.

I used Nutro years ago and was happy with it. A few puppy buyers switched to it from Large Breed Eukanuba and are content with how their dog is doing.

Nutro lamb and rice had a price increase, but the chicken formulas have stayed the same. I think the Heathwise foods from Natura are a better deal.

Re: Re: FWIW Nutro Natural Choice

Yeah I'd love to try those but they do not sell them within 100mi of me :(