Labrador Retriever Forum

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BLRC attendee - Kennel Cough

Just a heads up to BLRC exhibitors. I seemed to have brough KC home as an extra prize from the show. My open bitch started coughing on Friday. Seems to be somewhat mild so far. This was her first show of the year so pretty certain this is where she picked it up.

Just a good reminder of why it is important to keep dogs that are actively being shown separated from puppies or expectant mommies.

Re: BLRC attendee - Kennel Cough

Were you there for just the specialty or for the all-breed shows as well. I was only there for the specialty, and everyone is fine.

Re: Re: BLRC attendee - Kennel Cough

We were there all three days. So far my other's have not had any symptoms. Hoping this just stays a mild case. Just wanted to give folks a heads up though.

I was there just for the speciality & my boy started
this Sat.

There were dogs at BLRC that had been at IKC and picked up kennel cough there. Some owners kept their dogs at home once they had exibited symptoms but a dog can be contagious prior to the actual symptoms.

My bitch started 2 days ago and I am waiting for the rest of the pack to start too....

Is this normal for the time of the year, or is there an outbreak of KC around?

I had the same thing happen...it does seem like a mild form, though.

Unfortunately, indoor shows can do that! :(

Most of mine don't need extra treatment, but 3 are on antibiotics now per my Vet.

Best,

Leslee Pope
Huntcrest